Help with translating Argenzia Suriano death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Help with translating Argenzia Suriano death record

Post by lcafarel »

I could use some help translating part of the attached extract, found in 1852 processetti, from an 1813 death record for Argenzia Suriano. Could someone please translate the section that immediately follows "Argenzia Suriano maritata con Liborio Cafarelli" and is followed by the citation of signatures (firmata)?

Also, am I reading correctly that Argenzia was living in Cirigliano (not Ferrandina) at the time of her death? And is there some terminology regarding legal transfer of property?

Thanks very much.
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with translating Argenzia Suriano death record

Post by lcafarel »

I'm having trouble attaching the image and get a message that the board attachment quota has been reached. How do I get the image out there?
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Here is a link to an image of the record for which I'm requesting help:

http://www.snapixel.com/446888/Photo-of ... ath-Record

Thanks.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

To obey the law they together with other witnesses on the top of the death record. Witnessed the death and who the person was and signed the death act.

Death record in Italian /English click to enlarge read the bottom
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki ... Record.jpg

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Thanks, Marty. This gives me some of the words and the sense, but it doesn't match the language on this particular estratto. I'm also looking for answers to my other questions above.

Lesley
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Argenzia Suriano maritata con Liborio Cafarelli daugther of Vito Egidio Suriano age 42 profession ??? residing and dying in a house in Cirigliano

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

This is what I read:

Argenzia Suriano maritata con Liborio Cafarelli figlia delli furono Vito Eggidio Suriano age 42, di professione Fi???ara domiciliato al Ciriglio n° è morto nella sua propria casa.

The name of Argenzia's deceased mother is missing

If you look at the declarants you will notice that: Domenico Fileno (sp?) is "domiciliato in questo Comune al Purgatorio" and Giuseppe D'Anna is "domiciliato in questo Comune alla Cittadella n°". Purgatorio and Cittadella seem to be localities within Ferrandina, and Ciriglio should also be a locality

According to the above I would translate:

Argenzia, aged 42, daughter of the late Vito Egidio, wife of Liborio Cafarelli, died in her house in Ferrandina, locality Ciriglio
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Thanks very much, Livio. With the help of a friend offline, I've come to the same conclusion that Ciriglio is a street name, and there is no house number.

Lesley