Is this a death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Is this a death record

Post by tomtst »

I know this picture is blurry but was wondering if it is a death record? If it is, where is the deceased name located? The name in the middle section is Angelo Todisco but further up is Pasquale Todisco. The book I use to help translate (Italian Records Extraction)does not show this form. Is there a better source for translating records that may show this form translated?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N08/6785070348/

Thank You
Tom
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Is this a death record

Post by adelfio »

The record says e morte (DEATH) nel Angelo Todisco anno di sedici Died Angelo Todisco age 16. Pasquale Todisco aage 40 was present at the death

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

This is what I read:
Angelo Todisco aged 13, son of Pasquale and Clara Casoni(sp?) died 30 August 1835 at 1:00PM (ore tredici)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

tomtst wrote:I know this picture is blurry but was wondering if it is a death record? If it is, where is the deceased name located? The name in the middle section is Angelo Todisco but further up is Pasquale Todisco. The book I use to help translate (Italian Records Extraction)does not show this form. Is there a better source for translating records that may show this form translated?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N08/6785070348/

Thank You
Tom
The deceased name is located in the middle of the form and is Angelo Todisco, (as you pointed out). Pasquale Todisco, together with Giuseppe xxxx Todisco, are the persons that are reporting the death to the Official.