1873 marriage record help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

1873 marriage record help

Post by EliseLaRocca »

came across another that has very poor hand writing and i cant seem to make everything out, any help i am very thankful for. it is for Philip Buontempo and Cologera Caronia year 1873 i beleave it states that both lived in Gibellina and that the brides mother is Carmela Ippolita everything else i cant seem to make out. please let me know what you think. this is my great great grandparents marriage record so it means alot to me to be able to extract their parents name from this record to be able to keep going back in my tree. i have added a link to several versions of the same 2 page record in case some are better for you to read then others. on one the record starts at the very bottom of the page and on the other it starts at the very top. thank you again so very much.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o50 ... C00286.jpg

same as above====

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o50 ... C00284.jpg

other page......

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o50 ... C00287.jpg

different close up of names....

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o50 ... C00288.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: 1873 marriage record help

Post by liviomoreno »

Filippo Buontempo, aged 22, butcher (beccajo) residing in Gibellina is son of unknown parents (parenti ignoti).
Calogera Corona aged 20, spinner, residing in Gibellina, daughter of the deceased (fu) XXXXX and of Carmela Ippolito
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Livio, it looks to me like Calogera's father's name was Baldassare. What do you think?

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Biff83 wrote:Livio, it looks to me like Calogera's father's name was Baldassare. What do you think?

Biff
Great eyes! I believe you are right!
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by EliseLaRocca »

liviomoreno wrote:Filippo Buontempo, aged 22, butcher (beccajo) residing in Gibellina is son of unknown parents (parenti ignoti).
Calogera Corona aged 20, spinner, residing in Gibellina, daughter of the deceased (fu) XXXXX and of Carmela Ippolito

thank you both for all the info. you have her last name in bold, are you thinking it is spelled Corona on the record and not Caronia? i get the Caronia from ship records entering into america and i beleave there was something else that had it spelled the same way. ill try to search for her bearch record now that i have her age at this year and see what i can find and which version it gives, does it happen to state a birth place or a city they resided at before Gibellina? others i have come across do list a birth place or city that was lived in before the present city in the marriage record. i guess since philip's parents where listed as unknown my next step would be to look for a birth record in Gibellina maybe for him for around 22 years before the date of this record and see if i come up with anything. maybe he was left at a church and did not know is parents. i am not sure. he seems to like to keep quiet in my tree, i also can not find a death record for him in america i just know between the 1910 census and 1912 when his wife was listed as a widow that he died, other then that i have no record of death or birth. also there seem to be no other bontempo or buontempo in gibellina in the records i have on microfilm which leads me to think he was not from gibellina, he is proving to be very hard. thank you again for the info. going to get back to work on a few other records i found today and add this information into my tree. :D
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I might be wrong but I read Corona, not Caronia.