help with translation on birth record please.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ttdreher

help with translation on birth record please.

Post by ttdreher »

Would anyone be able to help translate this birth record on my great grandfather Francesco Tiziano born in Corato Italia on the 8th December 1873 and died in libya Beda Littoria 27th April 1942. They tell me he was a trovatello and I am specifically looking for information on the names of the people who broght him to be registered and any clues that might be written in this record. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Francesco Tiziano Birth record.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: help with translation on birth record please.

Post by liviomoreno »

The baby was brought, to be registered on the Dec 13 1873, by Benedetta Mastrolillo (daughter of the deceased Giuseppe), aged 44, profession "pious foundling receiver". Benedetta declared that the baby was given to her on the day 8 by a woman that she does not know, and that the baby was apparently 5 days old and had non signs that could allow his recognition in the future. The Official decided that the baby would have the name Francesco and surname Tiziano and gave him, to be fed, to the wet nurse Teresa Palermo, 30yo, residing in Corato, single.

On Feb 25 1900, in Corato, Francesco married Grazia Miscioscia
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I notice that it seems strange that the baby was given to a single wet nurse. So, we might even imagine (but it's just a guess) that she was in reality his mother, who did not want to be mentioned in the act as such.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

To be acknowledged as a "wet nurse" she should have had a baby on her own...
ttdreher

Post by ttdreher »

Thank you so much for your assistance. Do you by chance see any other names in this document or witnesses. I thought I read the name Maldera or perhaps Cataldo. I agree with you and think Teresa was his birth mother. His first born daughter's name was Teresa.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The two witnesses to the act are Luigi Caiata son of the deceased Cataldo and Cataldo Maldera son of the deceased Giuseppe.