Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dsillyp

Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor

Post by dsillyp »

I finally got my moms birth certificate from the State of Maryland. Their policy is once a person has died, no one can get the birth certificate. Probably the only state in this country that has that rule. After being told a number of times from a number of people that it was impossible and just before getting in touch with my Senator, I made a road trip to Baltimore. Armed with all my paper work showing my mom was my mom I went to the line and asked for the supervisor. It took a bit of work, like having a hand written statement notorized by an attoney, but I came home with it. And the supervisor was a wonderful help. The only difference is this one certificate says deceased, which is fine and to me all the safe guard that is needed. Just wanted to let you all know in case someone else in Maryland is playing the same game I was.
bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor

Post by VaDeb »

Glad to hear you were successful. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Debbie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor

Post by wldspirit »

Congrats!!! Sometimes going to "the person in charge" is the only way to get things done!!!!!
wldspirit