San Francisco--appointment write up

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cannoli
Rookie
Rookie

San Francisco--appointment write up

Post by cannoli »

My mother and I had our appointment in San Francisco on Thursday. I claimed GGF, GF, M.

Everything went smoothly. Mr. Cei was very kind with a calming way. As he asked for documents that I thought I had in exact order he said, "It's OK, you aren't on a timer here." At the end he said that he didn't see any concerns jumping out at him. We left the appointment feeling optimistic and relieved!

I scheduled my appointment 18 months ago. Several items that may be helpful to know:
* The wait time for an appointment is now much decreased.
* The forms and directions on the Consulate website were updated in late February. They are now much simpler and clearer.
* Many fewer translations and apostilles are now required. Check the directions.
* I was asked for my grandparents' death certificates. This wasn't on the list. I have them, but didn't bring them to the appointment. Mr. Cei said it was OK. That they can just provide further proof and if I had them with me he would have taken them. He said that if needed, they will be asked for in the future, but not to worry.

Many thanks to Italian Genealogy for all the support through this process!