Street or neighborhood? (Trabia)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Street or neighborhood? (Trabia)

Post by suz1154 »

On several birth documents for my grandmother's side of the family, it shows they were born in Trabia, Via Battaglia. Is Battaglia an actual street in Trabia, or is it more like a neighborhood? I tried to find it on Google maps, but it just puts the marker in the long strip north of where it shows Trabia, in the middle of a strip along the shore. Also, does anyone know where I might find some photos of this street/section of Trabia? Thank you.
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: Street or neighborhood? (Trabia)

Post by jennabet »

"Via" Battaglia would be a street in Trabia. "Via" is always a street and never just a neighborhood.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe it is a very small side-street of Corso Giuseppe La Masa, see:

http://g.co/maps/fk9bq

the full name is Via Giuseppe Battaglia
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Post by suz1154 »

Thanks to you both! One more question--in regards to Trabia. My great grandfather's birth document shows he was born in Trabia, but it also shows the "distretto" as what looks to be "Termini." I know Termini Imerese is a town east (I believe) from Trabia. Did it used to be considered part of Trabia? Or did Trabia have a distric called "Termini?" Can anybody explain what this might mean? He was born in 1839.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Trabia is in the the County of Termini, that 's the best I can explain it. Corso Giuseppe La Masa is one of the main streets in Trabia. I was there last September.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.