DePativo with 3 different spellings and no Town

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

DePativo with 3 different spellings and no Town

Post by Sangerine »

Hi,

I'm searching for my grandmother's first marriage to a Carmine DePativo. The Record of Marriage from Trenton, N.J. Spells his last name Di Padova, the Record of Marriage for my grandmother's second husband shows Name of Widow Mary Dipativo. Their son's death certificates all read the name spelled as DePativo. Also, no where does it show where in Italy he was born. I found one record on Ellis Island Passenger list for Carmine DePadova arriving 4/12/1906 at the age of 19, Ospedaletto, Italy. I'm really not sure if this is he. I figured his birth date abt. 1879, being his record of marriage states he was 27 and he and my grandmother married in 1906. Does anyone know how I could find the name of town or village he was from? Also, on his Record of Marriage it shows his father's name as Antonio and his mother's Maiden Name Maria and no one could read the last name which is something else I would like to know. The Family Search Center in Clark's Summit where I will be going (ordered microfilm for Saverio Soriero) is closed for a few works due to remodeling. I spoke to someone from Family Search in Utah and was told not all records are available on the net. Any suggestions?
Sangerine
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: DePativo with 3 different spellings and no Town

Post by Biff83 »

Would Carmine have been alive in 1917/1918? If so, his birthplace might be listed on his WWI Draft Reg Card. Also, if you could post an image of his marriage record, we might be able to determine his mother's maiden name and try to check where that suname co-exists in Italy with Carmine's possible surnames.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sangerine »

I believe Carmine died abt. 1916 because in Aug. 1917 my grandmother remarried my grandfather and on that Record of Marriage it states she is widowed. I tried to attach the Certificate and Record of Marriage for Carmine but unfortunately I can't find how to do it.
Sangerine
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

You can use an image hosting service like ImageShack.

http://imageshack.us/

If you're having trouble or don't want to use this, send me a PM and I'll PM you back with my email address so we can send the image to me which I'll then post on the thread.

BTW, I'm originally from Carbondale.

Biff
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Sangerine wrote: The Record of Marriage from Trenton, N.J. Spells his last name Di Padova... I found one record on Ellis Island Passenger list for Carmine DePadova arriving 4/12/1906 at the age of 19, Ospedaletto, Italy. Sangerine
There are Di Padova's in the town of Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo, province Avellino, region Campania. If you check the manifest again, note that folks on lines above and below Carmine show last residence as Avellino. However, since there is a large discrepancy on the approx year of birth from the manifest versus the marriage record, this manifest might not be for your Carmine.

Biff
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sangerine »

We have tried several times to forward Carmine's Record of Marriage to your website using imageshack in hopes that someone could read Carmine's mothers last name, but no luck. I did call St. Joachims Church (was my church when I lived in Jersey) but they told me it would take sometime before they could look it up. I called the cemetery where his two sons are buried and they want more information then I have. The N.J. Dept. of Health takes up to 12 weeks or more to do a look up. I called Trenton's Public Library for a copy his obtiuary and was told without an exact date they don't have the staff to go through a year of microfilm. So, if there is another way to download the Record of Marriage to your website I would appreciate knowing it.
Thank you.
Sangerine
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Check your private message

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Sangerine,

I sent you a PM two days ago with my email address so you could forward the image to me and I would post.

Biff
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sangerine »

Hi,
I checked old emails, deleted emails and private messages, nothing. I don't have spam control set. If you could try my email address again, I'd appreciate it.
Thank you.
Sangerine
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Sorry for the confusion. I meant for you to check your PM on Italian Genealogy.

No matter. I've sent you an email directly. You can reply and attach the image of the marriage document and I'll repost here.

Biff
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sangerine »

I attached the image of the document. Thank you for your help.
Sangerine
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Sangerine wrote:Hi,
I checked old emails, deleted emails and private messages, nothing. I don't have spam control set. If you could try my email address again, I'd appreciate it.
Thank you.
Sangerine
Check your private messages on here next to the USER CONTROL PANEL top left below the Board index ‹ Italian Genealogy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Carmine Di Padova's marriage record.

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/1122/smarriagerecord.jpg

His mother's name to me looks like Maria Talerico.

Biff
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sangerine »

Thank you. We weren't sure if the name was Talerico. We looked and kept looking at the name and it just began to be more confusing. You have helped me with another piece of the puzzle. Thank you.