Tacchi, (Bellagio AND Zelbio)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tacchi

Tacchi, (Bellagio AND Zelbio)

Post by tacchi »

I am seeking information about Antonio Tacchi who emigrated from Bellagio in the late 1790's to Bedford, England.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Tacchi, (Bellagio AND Zelbio)

Post by VaDeb »

Hi,

You didn't specify if you are looking for information in England or Italy.

There are limited civil registration records for Bellagio. They cover 1866-1929. http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

The 1790's are before civil records were kept. To find information on this time period you are going to need church records.

Debbie
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

tacchi wrote:I am seeking information about Antonio Tacchi who emigrated from Bellagio in the late 1790's to Bedford, England.
Hi there,

This is the 1861 England Census.

Name Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island

Ann Tacchi - 1790 - Eversholt, Bedfordshire, England - Wife - Bedford, St John, Bedfordshire
Anthony Tacchi - 1785 - Italy - Head - Bedford, St John, Bedfordshire

Is this your Antonio and his wife, Ann?

Hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
tacchi

Post by tacchi »

Many thanks for the replies to my Tacchi query. I am particularly interested in the Lake Como links.
AnthonyTacchi

Post by AnthonyTacchi »

My name is Troy Anthony Tacchi I was named after my grandfather im not sure if I am related to the same person as you speak of but I thought I would ask if you knew more about where my name came from also.
Thank you
Troy
tacchi

Post by tacchi »

AnthonyTacchi wrote:My name is Troy Anthony Tacchi I was named after my grandfather im not sure if I am related to the same person as you speak of but I thought I would ask if you knew more about where my name came from also.
Thank you
Troy
Hi Troy,

If you give me some details about your grandfather I should be able to give you more information.

cheers
tacchi
timbo

Post by timbo »

Tacchi

I know this is a very old thread, but if you are still there (!) I have lots of information on the Bedfordshire and London Tacchi's if this is of interest.

Antonio (Anthony) Tacchi moved to Bedford in the early 1800s - he was my great great great great grandfather

timbo
tacchi

Post by tacchi »

Hi Timbo,
Have not scanned this site for a long time. My wife has the Tacchi connection. Would be very pleased to share:
mortimerr@bigpond.com

cheers
tacchi
matt_som

Post by matt_som »

Guys, I just did a search on Antonio Tacchi from bellagio, emigrated to bedford... I think you can see where this is going.

Im another Tacchi! 8O
matt_som

Post by matt_som »

timbo wrote:Tacchi

I know this is a very old thread, but if you are still there (!) I have lots of information on the Bedfordshire and London Tacchi's if this is of interest.

Antonio (Anthony) Tacchi moved to Bedford in the early 1800s - he was my great great great great grandfather

timbo

We should really speak, I have a family tree from Antonio Tacchi right down to me!
00martie

Post by 00martie »

Hi all!

I know this is 4 years on so the thread is definitely cold and I doubt anyone will see this, but just thought I'd mention that Anthony Tacchi is my great great great great grandfather too! I'm related via his daughter Mary Tacchi, who moved to London and married Edward Tyler and later, after Edward's death, John Henry William Mansfield. I'm directly descended through one of her children with JHW Mansfield.

I'm almost definitely (distantly) related to both timbo and Matt_som!

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Cheers,
00martie
BARRYMORSE48

Post by BARRYMORSE48 »

I have just found out that my Great Great Grandfather Antonio Tacchi emigrated from Bellagio in the eighteenth century. His son was Joseph Tacchi married to Ann Osborne and they lived in Bedford. His son John was born in Bedford in 1845 and l have is birth certificate. His daughter my paternal Grandmother was Ivy Tacchi born in 1895 in Taunton Somerset. There is still a Tacchi family in Taunton but l have not seen them for fifty years. I beleve the Taunton connection is connected with the army as my Great uncles Harry and Fred Tacchi were soldiers. I am in Milan next week and intend to visit the Tacchi shop in Bellagio which is on the website. I would love to hear from any distant relatives. The burning question is why did Antonio leave Bellagio? My daughter says the original Tacchi and Grandad to them all was called Unc and came from this small town in northern Italy. Best wishes Barry