Help with marriage license translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Help with marriage license translation

Post by scraig32 »

I am so excited!!!!! I think I have found the marriage record for my great great grandparents married in Baia Latina in 1894 but I need help reading it. Can anyone translate for me?

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=Vi ... pid=252398
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with marriage license translation

Post by scraig32 »

The document on the left is the one I need help with
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

date of Marriage June 7 1894
Groom: Giovanni Villa, age 40, mason,born in Dragoni, residing in Latina, son of the deceased Crescenzo Villa and the deceased Rosa Perrotta
Bride: Giovannina Maria Domenica Biasiucci, aged 28, housewife, Born and residing in Baia daughter of Raffaele Biasiucci and of maria giuseppe Conte, both residing in Baia
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is very helpful.
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

My great great grandfather Giovanni Villari was married, had three children - Crescenzo, Rosina, and Pasqual. His wife died and he remarried Giovannina- my great great grandmother. They then had 6 children together in America. One of the children was named Raffael. I do not know where in Italy they came from but have found ship passages for a Rosina and Pasqualino Villari that says they are from Baia e Latina. This is how I have arrived at the above document. I have reason to believe it may be their marriage certificate for several reasons-

1. Both first names- Giovanni and Giovannina
2. The father of Giovanni is named Crescenzo and my Giovanni named his first son Crescenzo(born in Naples)
3. The mother of Giovanni is Rosa and my Giovanni named his first daughter Rosina
4. The father of Giovannina is named Raffael and my Giovannina named one of her sons Raffael

Is there any way to tell from the marriage document above if this is a second marriage for Giovanni or if he has any existing children? Also, my great grandfather Giovanni had last name Villari- could Villa be the same?

Thanks for any input or assistance you can provide.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Villa and Villari are two different surnames...
From the marriage document above you cannot say if it is a second marriage, I have checked the Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio and Giovanni had to present a death certificate of his previous wife, however the name of this wife is not mentioned, you should check the "allegati di matrimonio" but the year 1894 is missing...
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Thank you again! So let me see if I understand correctly- you found on the publicazzione that Giovanni did show a death certificate for a wife that died, the name is just not there. That is most helpful.