Caruso and Caporaso family from Vitulano, Campania

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
twon777

Caruso and Caporaso family from Vitulano, Campania

Post by twon777 »

I am looking for information on my great-grandparents, Cosimo Caruso (b. 1881) and Carmela Caporaso (b.1886). They left Vitulano for Connecticut in 1911, leaving behind his mother, Anna, and an aunt, Teresa. I have some info on Carmela - her parents were Gennaro Caporaso and Giuseppina Capozzi. There is very little I can find on Cosimo. Does anyone have any info on where I can get information on them? I am looking to claim my Italian citizenship and need Cosimo's birth certificate.

Thank you so much - I've been working on our family tree for a few years and have had a hard time getting some of the information I've been looking for.
lbcushman

Re: Caruso and Caporaso family from Vitulano, Campania

Post by lbcushman »

According to his WWI Draft Registration (12 Sep 1918) on Ancestry.com, Cosimo Caruso of 774 Madison Ave, Bridgeport, CT was born in Italy 5 May 1881. His wife is listed as Carmela Caporaso Caruso.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website
I see from the June 24th 1923 shipmanfest Cosimo was born in Vitulano and Carmela was born in Cautano both in the province of Benevento
From the Archivio di Stato Benevento data base for miitary records
http://www.archiviodistatobenevento.ben ... emNumber=0

Database Ruoli Matricolari
Cognome CARUSO
Nome Cosimo
Classe: 1881
DataNascita: 06/05/1881
Matricola: 6265
Registro: 18

You can email the Archivio di Stato Benevento and ask for his miltary record then you can get his parents names
E-Mail: as-bn@beniculturali.it

email message
ARCHIVIO DI STATO

Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Vitulano. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Potreste cercare il’ registro di leva o registro dei fogli matricolari

Cognome CARUSO
Nome Cosimo
Classe: 1881
DataNascita: 06/05/1881
Matricola: 6265
Registro: 18
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
twon777

Post by twon777 »

Thank you so much! I sent the email off... I will let you know what I find! :)
sonopasquale

Post by sonopasquale »

Write to Vitulano
http://www.comunevitulano.it/
Viale S. Pietro, 10 82038 Vitulano BN Italia

Direct the letter to Antonietta Goglia
This is the email
anagrafe@comunevitulano.it

When you write, please tell Antonietta I said hello and will visit this October.
I have a Caporaso cousin in Vitulano.
Good luck with your citizenship. I was fortunate to get all the documents and finished the process a few years ago.
Pasquale Goglia
Woodland Hills CA USA
http://thegogliafamily.com
http://domsenterprises.com
http://giftoffame.com
http://www.facebook.com/pasqualegoglia

LA SINISTRA è CATTIVA
Sensa libertà non c'è pace!

Searching:
In Benevento: Goglia, Fiore, Mastrocinque, Malgieri, Orlacchio, Venditto, Tancredi, Viglione, Antonello, Melone, Falluto, Petrone.
In Bari: Panzarino, DiGiorgio, Lozito, Rutigliano, Fazio,

“I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons.â€
twon777

Post by twon777 »

I got a response and am so excited!!! However, it's in Italian. I did Google Translate on it and got some results, but it's still in broken English. It says something about being a deserter and can't figure it out. Also, I don't understand how to order a copy of the record... Can anyone help me with this, please? Thanks! :)

Egregio Signore,

In risposta alla nota del 07/05/2012 Le comunichiamo le informazioni ricavate dagli "ESITI DI LEVA" e dai "RUOLI MATRICOLARI" su CARUSO COSIMO: CARUSO COSIMO figlio di ANTONIO e di CAPOBIANCO ANNA, nato a VITULANO il 06/05/1881. Sa leggere e scrivere. Falegname. Alto 1,65. Assegnato alla 3° Categoria perchè ha il fratello GIAMBATTISTA volontario nel Corpo Reale. Denunciato al Tribunale Militare di Caserta perchè disertore. Costituitosi al Distretto Militare di Benevento reduce dall'estero e lasciato a piede libero a disposizione il 16/01/1923. Non vi sono altre notizie. E' possibile ottenere copia del foglio matricolare. Le comunichiamo l'importo e le modalità di pagamento del foglio suddetto. Preventivo: stampa su carta normale b/n Euro 3,00 ( 2 fogli A4 ) più spese postali ( normale Euro 3,30; posta raccomandata Euro 7,30). Modalità di pagamento: Dai paesi Extra CEE: versamento tramite Western Union, indirizzando a De Martino Luigi nato a Benevento il 21/12/1959 C.F. DMRLGU59T21A783N presso Archivio di Stato di Benevento via G. De Vita n.3 (BN) 82100.

Distinti saluti

Il Funzionario Responsabile
Sig. Gennaro Della Porta

Il Direttore
Dr. Valeria Taddeo
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

They have the military record of CARUSO COSIMO son of ANTONIO and
CAPOBIANCO ANNA, born in VITULANO in 06/05/1881. He was in the army in cat #3 because his brother Giambattista was already in the army. It will cost 3.30 Euro for the record that will include the postage you can get a western union international money order and send to the Archive for the record with your info you received from them in the email and they will send you the record
Archivio di Stato di Benevento
via G. De Vita n.3
82100 (BN)
Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The cost is 6.30 Euro (3.0 for the 2 pages copy + 3.30 for shipment).

The money order must be in favor of
De Martino Luigi nato a Benevento il 21/12/1959 C.F. DMRLGU59T21A783N c/o Archivio di Stato di Benevento
Via G. De Vita n.3
82100 Benevento
Italy
twon777

Post by twon777 »

Thanks - I'm so excited! I assume I need to order it in Italian, though, correct?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes just send your reply letter with your return info on it with your western union money order made out to Archivio di Stato di Benevento put C.F. DMRLGU59T21A783N on the money order as a note

c/o Luigi De Martino
Via G. De Vita n.3
82100 Benevento
Italy

Marty

Marty
twon777

Post by twon777 »

So do I just write the same letter that I sent the first time in the email in Italian, just with money and my address this time? Sorry - just want to clarify what I need to do since I don't speak the language... Thanks!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Just send a copy of both letters and the money order and the amount in Euro's
to that address
c/o Luigi De Martino
Via G. De Vita n.3
82100 Benevento
Italy

Marty

Marty
twon777

Post by twon777 »

Great! Thanks!