Talamini and Gregori Families from Vodo di Cadore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Talamini

Talamini and Gregori Families from Vodo di Cadore

Post by Talamini »

Ciao! I am trying to research my family tree.
I want to know more about my great great grandparents, Giacomo Talamini Tonon who married Maddalena Talamini (maybe Brugo) and their brothers and sisters. I would like to know the same about my great grandparents Giovanni Gregori who married Lucia Zammichieli and their brother and sisters.
All were from Vodo di Cadore, Italy.
Using ancestry, ellis island and family help this is what I know:

Giacomo Talamini Tonon married Maddalena Talamini (maybe Brugo)
their children (records from Vodo):
Giacomo born 11/26/1856
Bortolo born 9/5/1863
Maria Maddalena born 9/5/1864
Giovanni Battista born 6/24/1866
Luigi born 8/8/1869 – my great grandfather
Marino born 7/18/1871

The 1900 NY census shows another brother Anthony born 12/1861 but Vodo does not list him

Giovanni Gregori married Lucia Zammichieli
their children (records from Vodo):
Marino born 5/26/1872
Giomaria born 8/4/1874
Angela born 10/22/1876 – my great grandmother
Bortolo born 10/28/1885
Marianna born 10/16/1888
Erasmo born 10/28/1883

In Italian it saysâ€
jmtc77

Re: Talamini and Gregori Families from Vodo di Cadore

Post by jmtc77 »

Hi I am doing some research in the area, and was able to find Giovanni Gregori's marriage act:
Joannes Baptista Gregori (aka "dei Carli"), son of Joannis Maria and Magdalena Talamini, married on the 20th of February 1871
Lucia Zammichieli of Filippo of Bartholomeus and Bartholomea Gregori.

Giacomo Talamini's marriage act says:
Jacobus Talamini Brugo, son of Joannis Maria and maria Antonia Talamini
Married on the 10th of February 1847
Magdalena Joanna Talamini di Tita, doughter of Baptista (record a little bit ruined here) and Anna Maria Talamini

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Joel Cole
Talamini

Post by Talamini »

Dear Joel,
Thank you sooo much!
Even my family in Vodo could not get me this far!!! The family nciknames were very confusing.
We could not make the connections until now.
Thank you again!
Best Regards,
Liz
Cindy Talimini

Post by Cindy Talimini »

from Cindy Talimini

I am recently looking up my relatives from Vodo Cadore

My great gramndmother MARIA GIACIN from Vodo Cadore born May 1 1878 (who came to USA 1899)

She had 2 brothers Anthony Giacin(her twin) and John Giacin, who came to USA.

Her father was Giacomo Giacin.

Her mother was Anna Talimini.

I will be going to Italy very soon to continue my search....

Do you have any contacts in Vodo Cadore area??

Do you think Anna Talimini is the same as....... your: Giacomo Talamini marriage act......
Magdelena Joanna Talimini di Tita daughter of Baptista(record a bit ruined) and Anna Talimini

Thank You,

Cindy
Talamini

Post by Talamini »

Hi Cindy! I sent you a message with my email. I will reseach your family and let you know. I have Giacin church records.
They do no speak English in the Vodo Muncipal building. If you do not speak / write Italian write out all of you information with names and dates. I can translate it for you :)Liz
Cindy Talimini

Post by Cindy Talimini »

Dear Liz,

Thank You so much for you kind response.

i will leaving for Italy mid June. I will try again your e-mail.

Thank You,
Cindy
Cindy Talimini

Post by Cindy Talimini »

Dear Liz

Could you please contact me @ cincylee1@aol.com. I am having trouble contacting you.

Thanks,

Cindy Talimini
Cindy Talimini

Post by Cindy Talimini »

Talamini wrote:Hi Cindy! I sent you a message with my email. I will reseach your family and let you know. I have Giacin church records.
They do no speak English in the Vodo Muncipal building. If you do not speak / write Italian write out all of you information with names and dates. I can translate it for you :)Liz

Hi Liz,

I am still trying to figure out how to use the website, sorry fo the delay.

Please contact me via my e-mail cincylee1@aol.com

I can not access your email for some reason.

My people settled in New Jersey/ or New Jersey from 19oo to 1904, but there may be an Uncle whe settled there also and started his own family tree, John Giacin

Thank You

Cindy Talimini
jmtc77

Post by jmtc77 »

Hi I have researched the Vodo records quite a bit through the years...
If you need help, let me know!
Joel
GREGORI-TESO

Post by GREGORI-TESO »

jmtc77 wrote:Hi I have researched the Vodo records quite a bit through the years...
If you need help, let me know!
Joel
Bonjour,
Je recherche mes ancêtres du coté de mon père GREGORI Giuseppe fils de GREGORI Simeone et Teso Oliva. Mon père est né en 1919 à Vodo di Cadore. Son père était originaire de Vodo di Cadore et sa mère de Valle di Cadore.
Pouvez-vous m'aider dans mes recherches? Avons-nous un lien familiale en commun? Je recherche des répertoires d'actes de naissance, de mariages et de déces. Quelles sont les possibilités sur internet?
Merci pour votre aide

GREGORI Franco

Hello,
I am looking for my ancestors on the side of my father GREGORI son of Giuseppe Simeone GREGORI and Teso Oliva. My father was born in 1919 in Vodo di Cadore. His father was from Vodo di Cadore and his mother Valle di Cadore.
Can you help me with my research? We have a family connection in common? I search directories birth, marriages and deaths. What are the possibilities on the internet?
Thank you for your help

GREGORI Franco
Talamini

Post by Talamini »

Yes, I have your Gregori Bello records from vodo. Your father' s birthday is written as the 30th of (looks like ) September. I will search for your Olivo family records. Please send me your email or Facebook information and I will send you a copy. The records are in Italian. Please let me know if you need help reading them. Regards, Liz
Talamini

Post by Talamini »

Guiseppe had brothers Mario and Alexander. Also, a sister, Rosa. Mother, Teso, born 30, November 1896.
Parents of Teso was Lorenzo and Maria Soravia.
Father, Simeone Baldasare Antonio, born 25 of September 1885,father Antonio and mother Maria Talamini(born 16 May 1842,parents Mario and Angela Talamini Groi).
Father of Antonio born 4 february 1833, mother Vittoria Talamini Bantore (parents Giovanni and Giovanna) born 1790 and father Simeone Gergori Bello born 1775 (parents Baldasare and Maria Maddalena Talamini.
nicolasderoccus

Post by nicolasderoccus »

hey everyone, i hope anyone is still reading this thread.
i am italian, my grand grandfather's name is Simeone Gregori (de Carlin), he was born in 1835 in Vodo. Do you know if we have any connection? I am trying to complete my family tree.
thank you in advance.
nicolasderoccus

Post by nicolasderoccus »

hey my great grandfather's name is Simeone Gregori (de carlin) and was born in 1835 in Vodo di cadore. Can you help me find relatives? thank you!!!
Talamini

Post by Talamini »

Yes, I have your family tree. My record number 9120. Simeone's brother Bortolo married my great great grandmother's sister Agata Zammichieli de Fillipo. Simeone died October 10, 1913. His parents were Maria Talamini Della Tela (Her parents Agostino and Maria Simonetti) and Gambattista (His parents were Simeone and Caterina Zammichieli). Send me a private message with your email if you want a copy of the record with the dates. From what I understand the Gregori di Carlin family still lives in Vodo and the Talamini Della Tela have a working farm.