Latin translation Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Latin translation Help

Post by rp76226 »

I have a church record for what I believe is the birth of Salvador Puma. Could anyone translate this?

http://postimage.org/image/qy0hpmr5f/
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Latin translation Help

Post by adelfio »

Year would be a top of page Dec 28 xbris is (DEC)
Salvator di Puma son of Placido di Puma and Maria TOUGH ONE last couple letters look like asi maybe another set of eyes could help on this one maybe the mothers surname would be listed on the index.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Marty, thank you. There seems to be a second set of names on the bottom - Salvador Salvo Giuseppe? and Rosalia. Any idea who they might be? Unfortuantely I have no index. A friend who recently returned from a trip to Racalmuto went to the big church and obtained this one page for me. I did look at the entire page from which this image I posted was extracted. It would not load in Postimage because the file was too big. However, the few lines above it start with a year clearly marked as 1794, so I guess it applies to this too.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

They are godparents

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you. Was Salvo the last name? It appeared between what looked like two first names. It didn't look like the woman (Rosalia)was given a last or maiden name either.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

looks like Salvador surname is Sciurello

Marty

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thanks. Does that mean that Salvo is a middle name for godparent Salvador and that no maiden name was given for Rosalia?