Birth certificate from Italy without parents names

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

Birth certificate from Italy without parents names

Post by ktpoloni »

Hey! I got a certified paper listing my grandfather's name and date of birth from Fino del Monte (not actually copy of birth certificate). When I requested, I asked for the parents names to be included but they didn't list them. Is this going to be a huge problem? I don't want to keep bugging the commune, but is there a nice way to say, I actually need it with the parents names listed? I originally faxed over my request. It came in less than 3 weeks!
Italia1963
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth certificate from Italy without parents names

Post by Italia1963 »

My comune did the same thing and I had to request a different birth certificate. They need to send you the Estratto Per Riassunto Dai Registri Degli Atti Di Nascita
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The kind of certificate you get from a Comune depends on what you need it for. If you need it for citizenship, say so. Even if you don't, say so anyway, it will get you all the details!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ktpoloni »

@Italia1963 I did request for that, but maybe they didn't pay attention to that detail. And @Italysearcher I did not say it was for citizenship...good idea :)

Can anyone help me draft a letter requesting it for the second time? Basically saying thank you for the first copy, but I was hoping I could get a copy with the parents names included for dual-citizenship? My Italian is not great, and I want to be as friendly as possible.

Thanks in the future, if you can help me out!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Keep it simple. Underline your request (fotocopia dell'originale) and include a copy of your passport or other photo ID. Also state your relationship to the person.
These requests are annoying to most of the clerks. The books are old and dirty and often stored in inaccessibe places. Sometimes they are too big to be photocopied!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ktpoloni »

Does it have to be a photocopy of the original? Or can they send me a letter just like the last one, only this time listing the parents names?
ktpoloni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ktpoloni »

Here is a letter I would use to resend. Can you take a peek and see if it looks okay? And can someone help me add something like, "thank you for sending me the one before, but I need the one with his parents names included?" or something to that effect I just want to say something so they know I got the other one and that I am thankful for that. I don't want them to be mad that I keep sending requests! Thanks guys!

Mi chiamo [MY NAME], ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto.
Potreste cercare l’atto di nascita di questa persona nei vostri registri il mio bisnonno nato nel Comune di Fino del Monte

Ai fini dell'ottenimento della cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis. Vi chiedo di spedirmi l’Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita di questa persone:

Cognome e nome: [NAME]
Data di nascita: [DATE OF BIRTH]
Luogo di nascita: [PLACE OF BIRTH]
Padre: [FATHER'S NAME]
Madre: [MOTHER'S NAME]

Vi prego di farmi sapere quanto dovuto per il servizio e per i costi di spedizione.

Molte grazie in anticipo per la Vostra cortesia ed il Vostro aiuto.

Cordiali Saluti,