Need help with a few Latin words

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
leetchie

Need help with a few Latin words

Post by leetchie »

http://www.donnellyfamilytree.com/genea ... pr1887.pdf

I get the basic idea of what this document says, but there are just a few words I'm having trouble with.

1-On the second line, after Maria Grazia Raimondi is a word that looks like "Etalis" - what does that mean?
2-After his age, 72, is something that stars with "C" - what does that indicate?
3-The phrase "munitus in domo sua habitationis consueta in ???" - I assume this is basically saying he was given his last rights in his house, but the words munitus and consueta don't seem to fit, so I'm wondering what they mean in this context.
4-What is the word/words before "Cadaver" in the final prhase? It looks like "esasque" or "esas que" or something like that.

Thank you very much in advance for the help!

-Mike
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: Need help with a few Latin words

Post by Lucap »

leetchie wrote:1-On the second line, after Maria Grazia Raimondi is a word that looks like "Etalis" - what does that mean?
2-After his age, 72, is something that stars with "C" - what does that indicate?
Etatis suae annorum 72 circiter = della sua età di anni 72 circa

3-The phrase "munitus in domo sua habitationis consueta in ???" - I assume this is basically saying he was given his last rights in his house, but the words munitus and consueta don't seem to fit, so I'm wondering what they mean in this context.
ultimis Ecclesiae Sacramenti munitus = munito (fornito) degli ultimi sacramenti cristiani (della chiesa) [ad esempio, confessione ed estrema unzione]
in domo suae habitationis consuetae = nella casa di sua solita abitazione
in C(omunione) S(anctae) M(atris) E(cclesiae) animam Deo reddidit = rese l'anima a Dio in comunione con Santa Madre Chiesa

4-What is the word/words before "Cadaver" in the final prhase? It looks like "esasque" or "esas que" or something like that.
ejusque cadaver = e il suo cadavere
Luca
leetchie

Post by leetchie »

Thank you very much, Luca!
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

:wink: