Francesco Catalano alive in 1909?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Francesco Catalano alive in 1909?

Post by lilbees »

Read through this page of Maria Concetta Facella allegati and found this information about her grandfather Francesco age 77. Up to this point I had believed he had died earlier than 1901 when his wife Caterina La Magra died. I had posted her death record earlier. Now I am confused. Would this be a point where I would keep searching for his death? Records are only available online to 1910. I did search those and found nothing. The films also only go to 1910 so will have to write for a search through 1920. His father, Salvatore, lived to age 82.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 909pg8.jpg

Am I reading this right?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Francesco Catalano alive in 1909?

Post by liviomoreno »

Maybe you posted the wrong image because I cannot find any reference to Francesco Catalano
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Will try again!

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... g8-001.jpg

Think this is it. Sorry

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

I think this is the correct one. Can someone check it?

Thanks

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... g8-001.jpg

lilbees
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The documents states that all the witnesses declared that
"Fancesco Catalano, son of the deceased Salvatore and Concetta Mxxxx, born in Lercara, aged 77, Grandfather of Maria Concetta Facella, aged 18, disappeared from Lercara since the year 1903 and that his domicile is unknown."
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you so much Livio. At least I have some idea on where to look. His son Salvatore and family were living in Casteltermini and Francesco's 3 daughters and their families were living in Tunisia.

I have not done a lot of work on the younger 4 children. Work in progress.

Thank you once again.

lilbees
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

What a surprise! Continuing to read through various Allegati I found the Allegati for Antonino Facella, grandson of Francesco Catalano. I also found a statement giving consent for the marriage of Antonino and signed by Francesco Catalano.

Can someone check this out for me to confirm what I have read.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... tipg13.jpg

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... tipg14.jpg

If alive he would be 84 years old. Will also have to write to have a search for him 1910-1915 in hopes of finding his death record.

Thank you
lilbees
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Catalano Francesco Paolo fu Salvatore (son of Salvatore, now dead) born and resident in Lercara Friddi, living in Lercara
The notaio who notarized the deed affirms that he knows Francesco Paolo personally, so it seems there is no doubt that he was alive at that date
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you so much Paola52. I am dancing on a cloud. You cannot believe how many days I have spent looking for him. I hope he lived to 100. Will see.

Thank you again. :)

lilbees

P.S. Notice, Francesco signed the record as well.