Pontecorvo from Valmontone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Pontecorvo from Valmontone

Post by klo84 »

Looking forward to seeing what you found. Thank you.
klo84
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

Other documents and other names pop up, but all of them are unrelated.
The only good document is dated 21st june 1911:
Clelia Zianna and her husband Francesco Pontecorvo bought 4 acres of arable land for 400 liras from Antonio Castorino, who was a musician.
Non chi comincia ma quel che persevera
klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by klo84 »

These were my great-grandparents. Can you send me a copy?
klo84
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

Next week I'll go with the camera. Usually there are no problems to shoot a picture, but I have to ask for permission.
This specific document is the copy to be stored in the "ufficio del registro", which is in the Court and held the copies of all sales, public willings and so on. It is not the original one. Due to this, there are no authentic signatures. There is written that Clelia Zianna was illiterate.
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

Several new things to add!
Pls wait for a while because I need to put in order all the infos and images found today, retouch and publish them.
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

First: the document described last week (Clelia Zianna and her husband Francesco Pontecorvo bought 4 acres of arable land for 400 liras from Antonio Castorino, who was a musician):

Second: on Dec 3rd 1893, 325 people created a Company (Societa' Anonima Cooperativa di Consumo), whose target was to buy food at bulk prices. Each partner put 15 liras in the Company.
Within the names, there are:
68* Pontecorvo Francesco di Salvatore
69- Pontecorvo Giuseppe di Agostino
70- Pontecorvo Leonardo fu Raffaele
71- Pontecorvo Pio fu Gabriele
94* Zianna Francesco di Raffaele
112- Pontecorvo Alessandro fu GiovanBattista
114- Pontecorvo Francesco fu Giacinto
115- Pontecorvo Agostino fu Stefano
116- Pontecorvo Raffaele fu Antonio
135- Pontecorvo Tranquillo fu Antonio
As you can see, two names are already known (marked with an asterisk), but several more Pontecorvos lived in Valmontone at that time. Hope I can link them in some way in the future. In other documents I've found other names too. However, this document is interesting because it lists many (if not all) the families of the town.

Third: I went to the Valmontone's cemetery and found the grave of Clelia Zianna and Francesco Pontecorvo:

Hope this can be interesting for you.
klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by klo84 »

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am very grateful for the information you have provided. I have the picture of Clelia, but I never had their birth and death information.
My grandmother, Concetta Cucchiella's mother was Emilia Pontecorvo. We do not know if my grandparents were cousins. Who is buried next to my great-grandparents? Also, is there a picture under Francesco's dates?
klo84
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

Happy for this.
In the cemetery there are other Pontecorvos' graves, but nobody is in the list I'm building. The picture close to Francesco Pontecorvo's dates is of a child whose surname is Ettore Piacentini.
Probably those Piacentinis are also your relatives, but till now I don't know the link.
klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by klo84 »

My great-aunt, Maria Pontecorvo (1897-?) (Francesco Pontecorvo and Clelia Zianna) married (23 Feb 1922) Guiseppe Piacentini (Angelo Piacentini 1869-? and Palma Mottia). (Paternal Pontecorvo)

My great grand uncle, Gabriele Pontecorvo (David Pontecorvo 1825-1902 and Caterina Recchia 1836-1897) married (22 Jan 1897) Mazzarena Piacentini (Mario Piacentini 1833-? and Egeziaca Giorgi). David Pontecorvo and first wife Pasqua Massari were my great-grandmother, Emilia Pontecorvo's parents. ((Maternal Pontecorvo))
klo84
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

The names in the grave are:
Ettore Piacentini, who lived 22 months, dead on 9th may 1938.
Diva Piacentini. She was also a child, but I did not shot well the picture, so her dates are not visible (I focused on Clelia Zianna and Francesco Pontecorvo).
However, since this grave is only a few steps away from the one or my family, next time I will search better.
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

Hello,
today I should have found the answer: your grand grand pa and your grand grand ma were actually relatives, degree 8
klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by klo84 »

Thank you. I always wondered if they were related.
klo84
claudio2574
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claudio2574 »

The search continues, even if with very little time available.
Today I've found another grand grand grand...ma of yours, living in middle-end 1700. Her name was Petronilla (unknown family name), wife of Stefano Monti. Now your tree has 35 people in 10 generations, as far as I know.
http://localhost/familiae/tree.php?id=1-908
Till now I can't find any relationship between me and you. Several times your family and mine are close to each other, but no actual common person found till now.
Digging again...
klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by klo84 »

Thank you. I have been researching several individuals (cousins of my grandparents) in their immigration to the US. Alfredo Pontecorvo, Anna Latini and Vincenzo Saracini are buried in a cemetery in the county I live in.

Now that I am familiar with family names, I have observed groups of cousins that emigrated together on the same ships. :)
klo84
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Civil records from 1871-1911 can be ordered on microfilm from any LDS Library. www.familysearch.org
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.