Help with Latin Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DP17
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Latin Marriage Record

Post by DP17 »

Is anyone good at reading Latin? I'd really appreciate it if someone could help translate this marriage record.
It's for Martino Pulvirenti and Agata Torrisi from 1794. It is the one on the left side #702.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxcio9g9mcvuc ... 201794.jpg

I also found their pubblicazioni. Its the one on top. I know it should have roughly the same information but these are the oldest documents I've found for any of my relatives so could we translate it anyways?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh77iszmfcqir ... 201794.jpg
DP17
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with Latin Marriage Record

Post by DP17 »

The town is San Giovanni La Punta.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

It is not a word by word tranlation...

The year of Lord 1794 day 12 of October
Following the three pubblications made on Sept 14, on Sept 21 and Sept 28, since non one opposed a legitimate impediment, I, priest Pietro Patti ..., joined in marriage Martino Pulvirenti son of the deceased Ignazio and of the living Rosa Giuffrida, who were a married couple of this parish, and Agata Torrisi daughter of Giacomo and of Angela Gagliano, married couple of this parish.
(I cannot read the names of the witnesses)
DP17
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DP17 »

Thank you so very much Livio! This is wonderful. Is there any indication of the ages of the parents?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

No, no ages are shown.