geneology or Rizza family from Palazzolo Acreida Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brizza

geneology or Rizza family from Palazzolo Acreida Sicily

Post by brizza »

:) Just found out my father's ancestry in Sicily comes from Palazzolo Acreida in Sicily rather than the town of Noto. I am looking for a contact person in Noto/Acreida that can help with a little research into existing relatives in Acreida and any suggestions for the novice that I am will be greatly appreciated. Ciao.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: geneology or Rizza family from Palazzolo Acreida Sicily

Post by adelfio »

brizza wrote::) Just found out my father's ancestry in Sicily comes from Palazzolo Acreida in Sicily rather than the town of Noto. I am looking for a contact person in Noto/Acreida that can help with a little research into existing relatives in Acreida and any suggestions for the novice that I am will be greatly appreciated. Ciao.
Welcome to IG website
There are some online records of Palazzolo Acreida on ancestry.com Siracusa, Sicily, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1900-1929
If you leave some names and dates maybe there is some info you can get

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
marisa0708

Post by marisa0708 »

My great grandmother was a Rizza of Palazzolo Acreide. Can you leave some names?

Marisa
brizza

Post by brizza »

Marisa, my grandfather was Raffaele (b. July 20, 1889)and his siblings were Salvatore, Paolo, Giuseppe and Concette and their parents were Vincenzio and Maria (Salvo) Rizza. They seemingly moved from Palazzolo Acreide to Noto in the 1890's as that's where my grandfather noted he was from when he registered at Ellis Island August 27, 1913. It appears that his siblings and parents stayed in Noto. My grandfather came to Pittsburgh, Pa. shortly after arriving in NYC and, like many Sicilians of his era, was a "huckster" **SPAM** fruits and vegetables by horse and wagon at first and then by truck. My father was the eldest of the 8 children my grandfather had and all lived/died here in Pittsburgh. One is alive and well in his mid-eighties and it's he I want to take over to Sicily to Acreide and Noto. Regards,