Arnoldo Family in Ragusa Sicily.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Arnoldo Family in Ragusa Sicily.

Post by mangelini »

Hi I am looking for the baptism record or any other information of my ancestor Giovanni Arnoldo or Arnold who was born about 1810 in Ragusa Sicily according to his death record.

He was the son of Giuseppe Arnold and Giuseppa Cutelli.
They also had another son in Ragusa, Carlo born about 1801 according to his death record.

They all eventually went to the Island of Lipari. Their surname could be under Arnold or Arnoldo.

I'm not sure what church they were baptised in. The Archivio di Stato Civile at Siragusa and Ragusa said that their records begin at 1820 and the best bet is the churches.
Thanks
Michael
Michael Angelini
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Arnoldo Family in Ragusa Sicily.

Post by adelfio »

There is a lot of churches in Ragusa any of those early records you have don't show a church on the right side of the record
How about a house address on any of the records and google map a church nearby

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty