What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Victorjay

What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1

Post by Victorjay »

Do they forswear at induction? I have one GP that served in WW1 and the other GF that I can't find a BC for but I did find the registration for the draft ( he didn't serve), on this GF i can not find his naturalization or BC. I'm lost I run into a lot of dead ends my relatives are old and do not know where any documentation is. :(
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1

Post by adelfio »

Sometimes they do forswear at induction during WW1 what are the names you are researching and where they lived and what town did they come from Italy Are you trying to get Italian citizenship read the page link
PG LINK
http://www.infoukes.com/genealogy/prime ... ation.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Victorjay

Re: What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1

Post by Victorjay »

Thanks Marty,yes I am trying to get citizenship in Italy, living over here right now,Deutchland, and have two GF one from Alcamo Sicily,born 1895 served in WW1 and the other from somewhere around Rome, born 1878,yeah I have a few years under what little hair I still have! I am still chasing BC's and naturalization, both lived in NY and it looks like Kings county might have one but I don't know the year. Thanks for the link as it was helpfull!