1911 Census

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

1911 Census

Post by iolanda2 »

Would like to find census information for the year 1911 and 1921. The Comune is San Leo, which I think was part of Urbino at the time. Are these registers located at the state archives in Urbino or Pesaro? I do not want to do to the Comune.

Also, do you know if the staff at the archivo will do the look up?

Molte Grazie

Yolanda
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: 1911 Census

Post by Italysearcher »

Census' are done by town rather than nationally as in other Western countries. So if they did a census in those years it will he held in the town archives.
In the town where I live the 1921 census took the form of the Foglio di Famiglia and was updated with births, marriages and deaths until 1930, when a new census was done in the same format. There is no index, and although it appears to be done by district or zone there are many out of sequence. If you know the address they MIGHT take a quick look, if they have the time.
The 1936 census was simply stamped on their personal record card so they could eliminate the cards for those who had died or moved away. Every town is different you can only ask!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
CFARK

Post by CFARK »

I would love to find similar information for my family records. How do you contact the town archives? Is there a contact? My family is from Riolunato, Modena Italy
THank You
Chris
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You can get copies of records by writing to the town 'anagrafe' office in Italian using form letters found on line. You can check if your town's records have been microfilmed at www.familysearch.org.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.