ww1 records of dead soilder Jaconelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Brit605

ww1 records of dead soilder Jaconelli

Post by Brit605 »

Can anyone help please. I am trying to track down my grandmother's side of the family.Her name was Lucia Jaconelli and was from Caserta. She then moved to UK. I can't find any records for her in Caserta. I know she had two sisters, Margaret and Angela and a brother Albert who was killed in WW1. Have tried the military site for Italy but nothing comes up.
Thanks Brit605
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: ww1 records of dead soilder Jaconelli

Post by Italysearcher »

You can write or eail the State Archives in Caserta to see if they have any 'foglio matricolare' (military) records.
YOu should also know that while Iaconelli can be found today in the town of Caserta, Caserta was also a Province that included many small towns where Iaconelli can be found. Note the spelling. The Italian language has no J, but the J is used in typing to denote an elongated I.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website is this your Lucia
What was their dates of birth?
Who did she marry?

England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index, 1837-1915
Name:Lucia Jaconelli
Date of Registration:Jan-Feb-Mar 1908
Registration District:Manchester
Inferred County:Lancashire
Volume Number:8d
Page Number:263

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

Brit605

Post by Brit605 »

Thank you all for your replies. I have now found an Alberto Iaconelli killed in ww1 at Trieste. Roll of honour Veneto ??? All the others in same list are Campania. Under Alberto's provincia is Irredenti which i take to mean could not be identified. The link to military records did not work unfortunately, as this is where i need to go next. This should give me place of birth and parents which is what I am looking for.
My grandmother is Lucia Jaconelli( Iacovelli ) and have most of the UK records as she lived with us. The Italian side is hazy especially dates , she eloped aged 15yrs so all dates in UK are wrong. She always said she was from Caserta but it could be a province not actual town.
Thanks again for all your help and any further assistance would be appreciated. Unfortunately I don't speak italian so that doesn't help.
Regards to all
Brit605
Brit605

Post by Brit605 »

Thank you all for replies. Putting iaconelli instead of jaconelli helped me to find Alberto Iaconelli 1893 - 1918. He died in Triest from battle wounds. I now have to find his army records. I have tried the military link but nothing found.
My grandmother was indeed Lucia Jaconelli and lived in Manchester.
Thanks again and I shall carry on searching.
Brit605
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

http://www.cadutigrandeguerra.it/Albo_O ... 27/832.jpg
This Alberto Iaconelli was born in Trieste and died in hospital (it doesn't say where but it is possible to find this information, with a bit of luck) "Irredenti" means that he was born in a town that was still under the Austrian Empire. No Caserta, then, even if the surname is mostly found in southern Italy, where Caserta is located
His father's name was Domenico
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Brit605

Post by Brit605 »

Thanks for reply Paolo. This is the information I had found. I didn't know what irredenti meant. Maybe it's a mistake. All the facts fit in with my grandmother's younger brother Alberto including father's name of Dominico. They were both born in Caserta. I will just have to keep on searching. Is there a way to see his army service records ? Is there any information on " the roll of honour " veneto.
Ciao Brit605