Chies, Filippon, Carniel, Zanette in the Treviso region

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
celestria

Chies, Filippon, Carniel, Zanette in the Treviso region

Post by celestria »

One of my potential DNARelatives from 23andme.com pointed me here as you were able to confirm some relatives of hers (the same family last name we suspect to be related through).

My great grandfather was a Michael Angelo Chies. Birth 3 March 1889 in Fregona, Treviso, Veneto, Italy.

His father I believe was Matteo Chies and mother Antonia Filippon. Matteo's father I think was Giacomo Chies and I don't have a mother's name. Antonia's father I believe was Simeone Filippon, but I don't have her mother's name either.

Michael Chies was married to a Rosa Carniel who I have even less information on. Her birth was about 1896 in Cordignano, Treviso, Veneto, Italy and I believe her parents were Gottardo Antonio Carniel and Marianna Zanette. I have no knowledge past that.

Would any of you happen to have more information? I have used familysearch but I know many of their records are not fully accessible yet (plus I don't read Italian!)

Thank you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Chies, Filippon, Carniel, Zanette in the Treviso region

Post by adelfio »

Records are limited of Fregona but here is Michelangelo Chies sister Lucia birth act
INDEX#62
1891 May 27th in the town of Fregona birth of Lucia Chies daughter of Matteo Chies age 40(1851)farm worker (son of Giacomo Chies) and Antonia
Filippon (daughter of deceased Simeone Filippon

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 9:n1950728

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Sister of Rosa Carniel birth act Angela Carniel
INDEX#13
1891 Mar 30th in the town of Cordignano in a house on via Cassiano #202 birth of Angela Carniel daughter of Gottardo Carniel age 33 (1858)farmer and Marianna Zanette
Sidenote
Angela Carniel died in Prata di Pordenone June 20 1962 deathrecord # 22
was recorded May 18 1963
PG LINK TO RECORD

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2107972630

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

From the site of the state Archive of Treviso (Military conscription records database) a sibling:

Giacomo Chies, son of Matteo Chies and Antonia Filippone born in Fregona on 8 april 1877, annotation: released passport for Germany on 1905

http://www.archiviodistatotreviso.benic ... olaID=7332

Laura
celestria

Post by celestria »

Wow thank you. Angela's record was a complete unknown... Everyone else I had suspected names but not dates, her I didn't know she existed!

Thank you!
celestria

Post by celestria »

Thank you!

Angela was a complete unknown but apparently someone has her in their family tree on ancestry.com

And thank you for some of the dates!
Agusfilippon

Post by Agusfilippon »

Mi nombre es Agustina Belen Filippon mi bisabuelo Simeone Filippon nació en fregona, casado con Juana Zanette. Sus padres eran Giovanni Filippon y Lucia de Zan. Estoy buscando informacion, sabemos que simeone tenia un hermano llamado Pietro Benjamin Filippon, queremos saber mas acerca de sus hermanos hijos de Giovanni y Lucia. Mi mail es agus_filippon@hotmail.com