Where might I find place of birth in US docs?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Victorjay

Where might I find place of birth in US docs?

Post by Victorjay »

I'm trying to locate a birth certificate for my GF but don't really know the town or commune area. I'm waiting on the naturalization info for kings county but I'm told that the birth certificate was not included. The census and draft registrations for him only show Italy. Can someone point me in a better direction, seems like I'm spending hours only to come up with nothing yet. Thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Where might I find place of birth in US docs?

Post by adelfio »

Shipmanifest give towns and other info how about a name and some dates and spouse

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Victorjay

Post by Victorjay »

Thanks Marty,I have looked but there are a lot of places in Rome. I think a searchable data base would help. I'm still looking there are a lot of siblings too.
jmb44
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jmb44 »

I found city of birth on the declaration of intention to naturalize....got that through the National Archives. One issue I found is that sometimes our ancestors weren't specific enough on the document or they were too specific and listed a neighborhood, not the commune. That happened to me and members of this board were able to lead me to the correct commune.
Joancapo

Post by Joancapo »

There is a Declaration of Intent and the actual Naturalization papers. If he was naturalied, the cencus would state what year. Try obituaries and church records. Many parishes kept the information on their new members. Let me know if you need any more help.
Also try the draft registration cards. If he served in the military, get the records. NARA would be great to get the naturaliation papers.
Joan