Latin document need translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Latin document need translation

Post by bluefairy79 »

My Cousin went to the mother church in cammarata San Nicolo and found the death record i believe Can someone help me with the translation it's in Latin
http://s23.postimg.org/tg9nexgaz/La_Greca.jpg
http://s16.postimg.org/6ih9xerp1/Regist ... page_1.jpg
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Latin document need translation

Post by bluefairy79 »

so far this is what I got it says that Paschalis Librino La Greca was very ill and died at age 85 in cammarata and his body was buried in the church the date that i have 23 Jan 1811? any other help would be great everyone.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Your translation is correct. The name is written as Pasqualis and translates to Pasquale.
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

I see the name Manipange but not sure why? any thoughts?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

This is the transcription:
Giorno 23 dello stesso (mese anno)
Pasquale la Greca Librino di questa terra di C????, dell'età di anni 85 circa in Comunione con la santa Madre Chiesa, da questa vita migrò, rifocillato prima da tutti i sacramenti dal Rev. Dr. Antonio Manciapane Cappellano Sacramentale della Parrocchia di S. Vito. Il corpo del quale nella stessa chiesa fu tumulato.

Thre day 23 of the same (month Day)
Pasquale la Greca Librino of this land of C???? (the name of the village), aged around 85 years in Communion with the Holy Mother Church migrated from this life after receiveng all the sacraments from the Rev. Dr. Antonio Manciapane sacramental chaplain of the Parish S. Vito. Whose body was buried in the same church.
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

AHHH so i would find his birth record only in the parish of san vito then cause this document was found in the town of Cammarata at the mother church of San nicolo