Birth Record Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Birth Record Help

Post by tomtst »

This is the birth record of Raffaele Todisco. The person announcing the birth is Alessio Todisco with Caterina Ciampi listed as the mother. Is this record showing Caterina as the legitimate wife of Alessio? Caterina was married to Alessio's son Pasquale they had about 9 children together. Alessio's wife was Annamaria DiSimone. I have records that back up this information. What confuses me is the legitimate wife part, am I missing something? It shows Alessio as 4 years older than Caterina, that is about the age gap between Pasquale and Caterina. Pasquale could be "Alessio Pasquale" I don't have his birth record but with all the other children both before and after Raffaele he is listed as Pasquale, as well as his death record.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23851601@N ... /lightbox/

Tom
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Help

Post by liviomoreno »

Caterina Ciampi, 30 years old, is the legitimate wife of Alessio Todisco, aged 34 years old. Their son Raffaele Todisco was born July 2 1826.

Maybe Pasquale was the son of a different Alessio, who was married to
Annamaria Di Simone. And this Pasquale married a person named Caterina Ciampi (not the same person as above)
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tomtst »

This is the marriage record of Raffaele Todisco that shows Pasquale Todisco as his father and Caterina Todisco as his mother. If my translation is correct, subtracting his age from marriage date he was born in 1826. This is the same date of birth for Raffaele son of Alessio. Your theory is possible two Caterina's the same age married to two different men but now we would need them both to have sons named Rafaelle born the same year. Possible maybe?

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

tomtst wrote:This is the marriage record of Raffaele Todisco that shows Pasquale Todisco as his father and Caterina Todisco as his mother. If my translation is correct, subtracting his age from marriage date he was born in 1826. This is the same date of birth for Raffaele son of Alessio. Your theory is possible two Caterina's the same age married to two different men but now we would need them both to have sons named Rafaelle born the same year. Possible maybe?

Marriage record 23 may 1866
groom: Raffaele Tedisco aged 39 years son of Pasquale and of Caterina Ciampi (both deceased)
bride: Maria Michela Tauro aged 26 daughter of Antonio and Livia Minichielli (both deceased)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Before getting married Raffaele must have presented his birth certificate showing the names of his parents.
tomtst
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tomtst »

Yes, but what I was trying to show was that the birth record of Raffaele shows a different father (Caterina's father in law) than the marriage record, but the same mother (Caterina). Judging by the age of Caterina and Raffaele in both records it appear they are the same person.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

You cannot get to a 100% conclusion until you see the birth certificate presented at marriage time.