Searching for a birth record
Searching for a birth record
[align=justify] Can someone help me? I have my gr gr grandfathers name and his father's name. I have an approximate year of birth and a possible place/places of birth. How do I go about getting his birht certificate? I also have the same for my gr gr grandmothers as well. My gr gr grandfather is Dominico Valente born approx 1851 - 1852. His father was Antonio Valente. Came from the San Peitro Infine or Montecassino area. My gr gr grandmother was Theresa Capitano born approx 1864. Her father was Francesco Capitano. Came from the San Peitro Infine Area also. I do not speak or write any italian. Can someone help me? Thanks heaps. Tina 
Re: Searching for a birth record
All records in Italy are in the town (comune) of origin. You have to identify the town.
Check if the towns you need are available on microfilm and you can look for the records your self. Use the place search to see if the comune has been filmed.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
Here is a post by Trish that explains how to use these records:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581
Check if the towns you need are available on microfilm and you can look for the records your self. Use the place search to see if the comune has been filmed.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
Here is a post by Trish that explains how to use these records:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581
Re: Searching for a birth record
Thank you for your advice. I will try but I do not think I will have much luck as I have tried before. Will try again you never know.
Re: Searching for a birth record
Does that mean you have ordered film for the village and looked for the birth record? Were you unable to read the records? Please be more specific about what "I will try but I do not think I will have much luck as I have tried before. Will try again you never know. " means.
Re: Searching for a birth record
[align=justify]Sorry for not making myself very clear. There is not very many LDS around my area. I know of one who does hold and can get records so I will try there again. Work comittments and the opening times of the church seem to be a problem. I have printed of the link you gave me. I will try again. I also understand that the records are also in Italian - this may be a problem also as I do not speak, read or write Italian. I do however have a dictonary that may help. Could I call on your if I need help? With Kindest Regards
Tina[/align]
Tina[/align]
Re: Searching for a birth record
I have tried but there seems to be no records for the San Peitro Infine area. I will keep looking. Thanks for all your help.
With Kindest Regards
Tina
With Kindest Regards
Tina
Re: Searching for a birth record
Call a regular book library as some do carry LDS film.
Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1902  San Pietro Infine (Caserta). Ufficio dello stato civile (lucky you!!) those are great years to research from....
Could this be the same town you are looking for?
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
For town info
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/061/079/index.html
Hope this is the one...
mfjp
Please note spelling of San "Pietro..."I have tried but there seems to be no records for the San Peitro Infine area. I will keep looking. Thanks for all your help.
Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1902  San Pietro Infine (Caserta). Ufficio dello stato civile (lucky you!!) those are great years to research from....
Could this be the same town you are looking for?
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
For town info
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/061/079/index.html
Hope this is the one...
mfjp
Re: Searching for a birth record
The lds provides research guidance on a variety of topics
related to genealogy research. The following is a link to terms
commonly used in Italian records. You should find these helpful
in reading the microfilms.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP
wldspirit
related to genealogy research. The following is a link to terms
commonly used in Italian records. You should find these helpful
in reading the microfilms.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP
wldspirit
Re: Searching for a birth record
Thank you all for your help. I will try what you have suggested. I will let you know how I get on. Again, thank you.
With Kindest Regards
Tina
With Kindest Regards
Tina



