No answer for a request for Church records? Any suggestions

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tomassid
Rookie
Rookie

No answer for a request for Church records? Any suggestions

Post by tomassid »

I have sent emails and letters to a small church in Calangianus Sardinia requesting a marriage record and cannot get an answer. I also sent an email to the diocese and have not received a response. Any suggestions? Sardinia's civil records started in 1866 so to get any further, I need the church records and I've tried for 3 years now.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: No answer for a request for Church records? Any suggesti

Post by adelfio »

Have you tried contacting any potential relatives in the town that maybe could help with your quest by using the phone book it is worth a try.

PHONE BOOK LINK
http://www.paginebianche.it/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
tomassid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tomassid »

Thanks, I did find a relative on facebook, but he is old and doesn't seem to go out much. I should give a try though, you never know.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Most priests are so overworked they don't have time to do searches unless you have a date and even then it can be very time consuming. You might try to locate a researcher in the area who could do more than get one record for you.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.