Ferdinandi Line

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wburger77

Ferdinandi Line

Post by wburger77 »

Hi everyone! My Grandmother's last name is Ferdinadi. I can trace up to Giovanni Battista Ferdinandi
B: abt 1853 Pontecorvo, Frosinone, Lazio, Italy
D: 29 Jan 1909 Lequile, Lecce, Puglia, Italy
He was married to:
Antonietta Luiga Maglio
B: 12 Feb 1869 Monteroni, Lecce, Puglia, Italy
D: 4 Jul 1943 Pontecorvo, Frosinone, Lazio, Italy

I can't find any more information on him. Can any one help???
Thanks!
I also have others but will start with him since he is in a direct line to me.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Ferdinandi Line

Post by Italysearcher »

Pontecorvo was part of the Papal States and did not keep civil records until 1870 or so. You will need to have the parish records searched.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Actually is from 1862 and not 1870. =Peter=
wburger77

Post by wburger77 »

Does anyone know if the Italian Parish have posted their records on the internet???
If so can you provide me with a link?
Thanks!!!
Bill
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I do not believe so but there may be some on microfilm at the nearest Mormon family history library. www.familysearch.org for location. =Peter=
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The Parish records from Pontecorvo are not in great shape and are missing years from more than one parish. They are not microfilmed or posted on the internet. The priest does permit searches.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

.......even if you hire his nephew to research with you? =Peter=
Lfmahoney

Post by Lfmahoney »

My grandfather was Giovanni Battista Ferdinandi. Born in Pontecorvo. Moved to Canada when mom got ill Madeline they moved back to Italy. Giovanni's fathers name was Emidio Ferdinandi. My name is Laura Ferdinandi.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Peter, read my post again. The priest DOES permit searches, you don't have to hire his nephew.
Ann Tatangelo
DFerdi01

Post by DFerdi01 »

Hi, I think I may be linked/related to the line of Ferdinandi's from Pontecorvo but I have so little information I am not sure. My grandfather was Emilio Ferdinandi, he was born in St Andrews, Scotland in 1909 to a Francesco Ferdinandi and a Domenica Ferdinandi. They were married in Caserta in 1903. Ferdinandi also seems to have been her maiden name. He had been living in Scotland from at least 1901 and it looks like he came home to get married and then they returned to Scotland where they had all their children, Annie, Peppina, Antonio, Michelle and my grandfather Emilio. That's all I know about them.

I have been told I still have family living in Pontecorvo but I was also told something about the family name being changed either to Aceti or from Aceti. No one seems to know for sure and I'm not sure if my side changed their name or the family in Italy did. I was also told my Grandad was moved back to Italy when he was still a child but has to leave suddenly due to some sort of scandal in the early to mid 1930's. It seems he then went back to Scotland to stay with an Uncle for a bit with a view to then moving on to America where he had another uncle but he met my Nan and decided not to.

I was also told the family had some sort of link to the Forte family. There seems to be some truth to that as my Grandad was living with a couple of Forte men in Southampton England in 1939.

If I am related to this line can anyone possibly point me in the direction of where I might find out more please?

Thanks

Dean