Ferdinandi line from Pontecorvo, Italy to New York to Calif

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lfmahoney

Ferdinandi line from Pontecorvo, Italy to New York to Calif

Post by Lfmahoney »

Looking for relatives related to Giovanni Battista Ferdinandi, Natalina Cicillini, Renato Cicillini, Emidio Ferdinandi. Contact me
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Ferdinandi line from Pontecorvo, Italy to New York to Ca

Post by Italysearcher »

Birth dates or years would help us narrow things down.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Lfmahoney

Re: Ferdinandi line from Pontecorvo, Italy to New York to Ca

Post by Lfmahoney »

Born in late 1800's...married in New York, moved to California in 1920's-30's.
lina0311

Re: Ferdinandi line from Pontecorvo, Italy to New York to Calif

Post by lina0311 »

Buongiorno
Nella mis généalogia la madre del mio trisnonno Prata Tommaso si chiamava Ferdinandi Marianna e vivano a Pontecorvo
DFerdi01

Re: Ferdinandi line from Pontecorvo, Italy to New York to Calif

Post by DFerdi01 »

Hi, I think I may be linked/related to the line of Ferdinandi's from Pontecorvo but I have so little information I am not sure. My grandfather was Emilio Ferdinandi, he was born in St Andrews, Scotland in 1909 to a Francesco Ferdinandi and a Domenica Ferdinandi. They were married in Caserta in 1903. Ferdinandi also seems to have been her maiden name. He had been living in Scotland from at least 1901 and it looks like he came home to get married and then they returned to Scotland where they had all their children, Annie, Peppina, Antonio, Michelle and my grandfather Emilio. That's all I know about them.

I have been told I still have family living in Pontecorvo but I was also told something about the family name being changed either to Aceti or from Aceti. No one seems to know for sure and I'm not sure if my side changed their name or the family in Italy did. I was also told my Grandad was moved back to Italy when he was still a child but has to leave suddenly due to some sort of scandal in the early to mid 1930's. It seems he then went back to Scotland to stay with an Uncle for a bit with a view to then moving on to America where he had another uncle but he met my Nan and decided not to.

I was also told the family had some sort of link to the Forte family. There seems to be some truth to that as my Grandad was living with a couple of Forte men in Southampton England in 1939.

If I am related to this line can anyone possibly point me in the direction of where I might find out more please?

Thanks

Dean