Merola Translations

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jrbonk

Merola Translations

Post by jrbonk »

I'm very excited to have found my Great Grandmother's Birth Record. The only information I can decifer other than the Month/Year is:

Rosa DeSiata (May 1866) parents Angelantonio and Luigia Della Ventura (maybe)

Can someone help translate the important information, hoping to take the family tree back another generation :D ? Also is it preferred to post links or the image itsef?

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :756148319

I have also found the marriage record, but will post that seperately in this thread.

Sincerely,

Jeff
jrbonk

Re: Merola Translations

Post by jrbonk »

Here is the link to the marriage record:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1077689230

This is a far as I have gotten with the translation an could use some help with the rest:

The year eighteen ninety, on the sixteenth day of October in the morning hours five minutes past eleven, in the Municipal House of Maddaloni, open to the public.
...skipped, not necesary... personally appeared:
1. Michele Merola, of twenty-five years ?unknown? shoemaker, born in Maddaloni, residing in said City, the son of the late Raeffaele, broker (is this profession the correct translation?) , residing at life in Maddaloni, and ?unknown? Meichela housewife, residing in Maddaloni.
2. Desiato Rosa, aged twenty-four, cucitura?, born in Maddaloni, residing in said City, the daughter of Angelantonio mason, residing in Maddaloni, and Luigia ?Della Ventura? (is that a common name, never heard of this surname) housewife, residing with ?muesito? , which I have been asked to join them in marriage, and to this effect I have submitted the documents described below: and the consideration of this, not that of those already produced upon request of the publications, which all bear my visa, I insert in the volume of the Annexes to this register, nothing showing preclude the celebration of their wedding, the bride and groom I've read the articles one hundred and thirty, and one hundred thirty, One hundred and thirty-one and One hundred and thirty-two of the Civil Code, and so I ask the groom if he intends to take the wife here this Desiato Rose, and if this means taking husband here in this Michele Merola: and, as He has placed each in the affirmative, even at full intelligence of the witnesses mentioned below, I have pronounced in the name of law that the same are united in marriage. In this act were present:

Giovanni Esposito of the late Salvatore, was twenty-six years, scavenger, and Nicola Gioffi of the late Pasquale was seventy-four years, pasta maker :D , both residing in this Commune.
The present document and the ..trouble making out the rest, but not sure if anything important...

Thanks again for your kind assiatance!

- Jeff
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

jrbonk wrote:Here is the link to the marriage record:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1077689230

This is a far as I have gotten with the translation an could use some help with the rest:

The year eighteen ninety, on the sixteenth day of October in the morning hours five minutes past eleven, in the Municipal House of Maddaloni, open to the public.
...skipped, not necesary... personally appeared:
1. Michele Merola, of twenty-five years "non fatti"=not finished shoemaker, born in Maddaloni, residing in said City, the son of the late Raeffaele, broker (is this profession the correct translation?) OK , residing at life in Maddaloni, and Michela d'Inverno housewife, residing in Maddaloni.
2. Desiato Rosa, aged twenty-four, "cucitrice" needlewoman, born in Maddaloni, residing in said City, the daughter of Angelantonio mason, residing in Maddaloni, and Luigia Della Ventura (is that a common name, never heard of this surname)OK housewife, residing "col marito" =with her husband , which I have been asked to join them in marriage, and to this effect I have submitted the documents described below: and the consideration of this, not that of those already produced upon request of the publications, which all bear my visa, I insert in the volume of the Annexes to this register, nothing showing preclude the celebration of their wedding, the bride and groom I've read the articles one hundred and thirty, and one hundred thirty, One hundred and thirty-one and One hundred and thirty-two of the Civil Code, and so I ask the groom if he intends to take the wife here this Desiato Rose, and if this means taking husband here in this Michele Merola: and, as He has placed each in the affirmative, even at full intelligence of the witnesses mentioned below, I have pronounced in the name of law that the same are united in marriage. In this act were present:

Giovanni Esposito of the late Salvatore, was twenty-six years, scavenger, and Nicola Gioffi of the late Pasquale was seventy-four years, pasta maker :D , both residing in this Commune.
The present document and the ..trouble making out the rest, but not sure if anything important...

Thanks again for your kind assiatance!

- Jeff
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

jrbonk wrote:I'm very excited to have found my Great Grandmother's Birth Record. The only information I can decifer other than the Month/Year is:

Rosa DeSiata (May 1866) parents Angelantonio and Luigia Della Ventura (maybe)

Can someone help translate the important information, hoping to take the family tree back another generation :D ? Also is it preferred to post links or the image itsef?The link is much better

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :756148319

I have also found the marriage record, but will post that seperately in this thread.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Rosa Desiato born May 16,1866. Father: Angelantonio, mason, 36yo; mother: Luigia Della Ventura aged 30.
The side note states that on 16 Oct 1890 she married Michele Merola
jrbonk

Post by jrbonk »

Thank you Livio! No mention of Angelantonio or Luigia Della Ventura's Parents names?

Thanks again!

- Jeff