confused about town on death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

confused about town on death record

Post by jkingb »

I am having trouble confirming the birth town on the attached death record. It looks like Albugnano (province of Asti). The death record itself is from Gassino, but according to the record, Angela was born in Albugnano, and her parents resided and died there. I ordered LDS microfilms from the region in hopes of finding some instance of the surname - oldest films are from 1866, so probably too young to find the deaths of either Giovanni or Maria, though I thought I would possibly find either a sibling, or some other relative. But nothing! There was only one instance of surname Lupo in the BMD index spanning 1866- 1885. No Baucero. This seems odd, and Lupo, being a relatively common name may be nothing more than a coincidence. So I can't help but wonder if I had the wrong town. Does anybody know whether the name (Albugnano) might refer to something other than the comune in Asti?

Thanks very much for any input!
Attachments
scanh.jpg
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: confused about town on death record

Post by jkingb »

Anybody? Does this appear to be Albugnano (Asti) or some other place?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I read Albugnano
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jkingb »

Yes, thank you. That is what I read also. I was just wondering if there is only one place by that name - in Asti, or some other as well.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I could find only Albugnano in Asti province
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jkingb »

Great, thanks again.