Help with name on marriage record (Antenati)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Help with name on marriage record (Antenati)

Post by jkingb »

Very grateful to anyone who can help decipher the name of the father of the bride on the marriage record of Giovanni Battista Luigi & Maria Anna Catterina (bottom record, left hand-side). The father's name appears on line # 8 (just right of center). The word immediately following is also unclear to me - an occupation, maybe? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with name on marriage record (Antenati)

Post by liviomoreno »

The name of the father appears at the end of line #9: Michel Jean Formica, deceased.
Line #8 reads: "quatrevingt-douze y domiciliée fille mineure assistée seulement de Lucie Desio sa mère ci..."=
"(born Oct 9 17)92 here domiciled, daughter under age, assisted only by her mother Lucia Desio..."
jkingb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with name on marriage record (Antenati)

Post by jkingb »

I see, thank you so much! I saw the portion regarding the underage daughter, and the mother's name, so I assumed the words in between must have been the father's first name.. Now it makes much more sense. Thank you again.