Looking for Rosario Miceli, born 1898 near Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mcm5098

Looking for Rosario Miceli, born 1898 near Palermo

Post by mcm5098 »

I'm looking for a birth certificate for Rosario Miceli (could be different spellings). The passenger record from Ellis Island states that he was born June 7, 1898, in Baucina, Palermo, Siciliy. I believe his father's name was Santo. Any ideas on where to start?

Thanks!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Rosario Miceli, born 1898 near Palermo

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Looked in the records of Baucina 1898 no Rosario Miceli looking in other years
But I think this is his brother Nunzio Miceli birth record
INDEX#50
1890 March 18th in the town of Baucina birth of Nunzio Miceli son of Santo Miceli age 38 son of deceased Nunzio and his wife Giuseppa Canoi?? daughter of deceased Salvatore

CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE
record-image (291).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Arcangela Miceli (named after Ninfa mother)
INDEX#5
1895 Jan 8th in the town of Baucina birth of Arcangela Miceli daughter of Santo Miceli age 43 son of deceased Nunzio Miceli and his wife Ninfa Oliveri a daughter of deceased Rosario Oliveri
record-image (292).jpg
Im thinking Rosario (named after his mothers father) was born 1897 in Baucina and of course that year of births is missing and his father Santo Miceli remarried after the birth of Nunzio for his first wife Giuseppa Causi died1894 Mar 23rd in Baucina

Marriage of Santo Miceli and Ninfa Oliveri
INDEX#30
1894 Dec 17th in the town of Baucina marriage of Santo Miceli age 43 farmer born in Baucina son of deceased Vincenzo Miceli and deceased Giuseppa La Barbera married Ninfa Oliveri age 21 born in Baucina daughter of deceased Rosario Oliveri and Arcangela La Barbera
record-image (294).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mcm5098

Post by mcm5098 »

Wow, thank you so much! That's really interesting. It's cool to see the names--some of those names are still around in my family in slightly different forms. Re: the missing year, what do you suggest I do to try to get Rosario's birth certificate? And are any other years missing that he could have potentially been born in?

Thanks again for all your help :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I went through the birth indexes that are online for Baucina didn't see his

Shipmanifest say he was born in 1897 leaving his mother Ninfa Oliveri in Baucina Line#27going to see his brother Mumzio Miceli in Brooklyn NY

PG1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0027

PG2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0027

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You can try the email if no response 30 days send letter it cost about a $1.50 to send a letter no money self addressed return envelope no stamp

email:sindaco@comune.baucina.pa.it

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Baucina
Corso Umberto I
90020 Baucina (PA)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Rosario Miceli

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Baucina. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Rosario Miceli
Nome e cognome del padre: Santo Miceli
Nome e cognome della madre: Ninfa Oliveri
Luogo di nascita: Baucina
Data di nascita: 1897
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty

Marty