Cipriano, Carmine Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Cipriano, Carmine Birth

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Numero 100 for a translation please.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348570602
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Cipriano, Carmine Birth

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

BIRTH RECORD NO 100 – CARMINE CIPRIANO

Record is dated 2 August 1894 at 8.40 a.m. Frigento.
Michele Cipriano, aged 37, possidente (landowner) living in Frigento declared that at 11.15 a.m. on 1 August at the addresss Contrada San Martino No 1 his wife Maria Michela Martone, Farmer gave birth to a male chld to be named Carmine.

Witnesses you will know:
Marciano Famiglietti, Aged 34, Land owner
Carmine Pelosi, 46, Landowner

You have some good signatures at the bottom there. :)

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thanks, Angela. Sometimes I can't "see the forest for the trees" for example, I have quite a few Marciano Famiglietti(s)................:) And Pelosi, I haven't tied in yet but I do see that name a lot!
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thanks, Angela. Sometimes I can't "see the forest for the trees" for example, I have quite a few Marciano Famiglietti(s)................:) And Pelosi, I haven't tied in yet but I do see that name a lot!
You are very welcome. :D

I totally understand about “not being able to see the forest for the trees”. I have this especially with my Toscano surname. I have so many Nicola Toscano's and they appear on each of my parents trees. Some are related, most don't seem to be at this stage. I guess I'll find the link as I journey further back. It can be somewhat overwelming at times but also incredibly exciting. (It certainly beats doing the sudoku – our son is very happy, he gets to have it all to himself now!)

Are you using a program? I'm not but I type up Family Group Records, individual pedigrees and keep notes etc. I have these printed out as well. I now just need to work out a logical numbering system which works for me. Oh dear..... too hard...... :? and not as exciting as discovering and learning about new family. 8)

Hope you are having a lovely day. :)

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Hello Angela,

I use Ancestry.com, if that is what you are referring to as a program.

I had no idea what I was getting into when Family Search put the Frigento, Italy records online, now I can't stop as I don't want to miss any ancestors! :lol:

I shall plug along as when I find who I know is a true ancestor, I know it is all worth it!

Have a good evening.............Dolores
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Hello Angela,

I use Ancestry.com, if that is what you are referring to as a program.
No, I was meaning the Software Programs that you buy like Roots Magic, Family Tree Maker, Legacy and then install onto your computer. I think you are able to download simpler versions from the net as well. I think you just enter the data and then from there you are able to print off various charts, reports etc (e.g. pedigree charts, timelines, family group records). Possibly Ancestery.com does this too, not sure.

I had no idea what I was getting into when Family Search put the Frigento, Italy records online, now I can't stop as I don't want to miss any ancestors! :lol:
:) Good on you, keep going, you are doing great. :) It is very addicative isn't it?

I shall plug along as when I find who I know is a true ancestor, I know it is all worth it!
ABSOLUTELY! :D

Have a good evening.............Dolores
Thank you. You have a good evening too.
Angela :)