Well, I'm lost & confused

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jacobarber
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Well, I'm lost & confused

Post by jacobarber »

I think I'm going to try and get his death cert before continuing with his birth certificate. His death cert may have some information that I haven't seen yet. Now I have to battle with New York State to get a few various documents. They're the worst to deal with.
thepachecos212

Post by thepachecos212 »

I know that these posts are pretty old, but I figured I just stumbled upon it, and figured I would give it a shot. On castleGarden.org, I found a Domenico Barberi who arrived in 1905 at the age of 20 on the ship Calabria. He went to an uncle Francesco in Rochester, NY. I then cross referenced it wilth ellis Island records, and searched all passengers on that ship, on that date. I found a DOmenico Barhadi(obviously a wrong spelling), who matched the record from Castle Garden. You mentioned that he was married in Albion, NY which is only 40 minutes west of Rochester.
thepachecos212

Post by thepachecos212 »

Another passenger record I found was a Nunzio Barberi in 1903 going to his brother Domenico Barberi?
jacobarber
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jacobarber »

Well I haven't looked at this thread in ages. I didn't even know about Castle Garden. Good find there. You might be onto something. I'll have to spend some time to do more research. I haven't been able to devote much time to this project in a while, but I want to ramp up again. This will hopefully help me some.