Surname - Bacchiocchi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pscialdone

Surname - Bacchiocchi

Post by pscialdone »

Anyone have info regarding origin of this surname? Where in Italy was it most commonly found (mid to late 1800"s)?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Surname - Bacchiocchi

Post by johnnyonthespot »

pscialdone wrote:Anyone have info regarding origin of this surname? Where in Italy was it most commonly found (mid to late 1800"s)?
You can see the current distribution on this map: http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... 3FBqSgpeno

Ignore Rome (all roads lead to Rome and most Italian names turn up there sooner or later). The other small ("1 to 5") concentrations are probably others who have moved about to different parts of the country. The highest populations are in the Marche region on the east cost and this is likely the name's origin point.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
pscialdone

Post by pscialdone »

Thank you!
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

Confirmed in Marche. I've a number of those around me.
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...