1856 Sansone Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
smas1973
Master
Master

1856 Sansone Marriage

Post by smas1973 »

Can I get Help To Translate This Marriage Document with as much information on it.

Thank You For all the help
Riggio Giralamo Maria Bondi Marriage 1856 (A).jpg
Riggio Giralamo Bondi Maria Marriage 1856 (B).jpg
Riggio Giralamo Bondi Maria Marriage 1856 (C).jpg
Can I get Help To Translate This Marriage Document with as much information on it.

Thank You For all the help
Thank You For All Your Help With The Translation Of This Documents

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Riggio, & Bondi.

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: 1856 Sansone Marriage

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

ATTO DI SOLENNE PROMESSA – NO 117

Date: 22 November 1856 at 10 a.m.

Appearing are:

Giralamo Riggio, single, aged 21, born and living in Trabia, Farmer, son of the late Giuseppe and the living Anna Palmiano living in Trabia. (I'm can't quite read, at the minute, what it says next.)

Maria Bondi, Single, aged 22?, born and living in Termini, daughter of Onofrio, Farmer, living in Termini and Maria Merlina.

I'll leave it here at the moment and come back to it later if no one else fills in the gaps.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Biaggio D'angelo, aged 27 …. …. …. living in Termini, son of the late Giuseppe ? seems to be what is written between the details of the groom and bride but I don't understand what this is about sorry. I can't decipher all the words?

The marriage took place in the Termini parish on 28 November.

The banns were posted in Termini on 5 October and in Trabia on 28 and (19?) September.

The Allegati listed is:

1. Birth Act of the Groom.
2. Birth Act of the Bride.
3. Death Act of the father of the groom and ? . (Probably father's birth act?)
4. Not sure what this is but I see (Act?) Biaggio d'Angelo mentioned again?

Francesco Sansone, aged 31, Calzolaio – cobbler, shoemaker? was one of the witnesses.

Anyways, that's the best I can do. I've never seen an Atto di Solenne Promessa set out like this before. It may need a bit of editing. I'm sure I'll twig at some point what the Biaggio d'Angelo is about.

Angela
smas1973
Master
Master

Post by smas1973 »

Thank you angela
Scott
Thank You For All Your Help With The Translation Of This Documents

Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Riggio, & Bondi.

Researching Termini Imerese, Palermo surnames Mascari, Spicuzza, Capone, Catalano & Pusateri
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The handwriting is very difficult to read and I'm not able to give a word by word translation, this is what I understand:
The bride, Maria Bondi, was not attending to the "Solenne promessa di Matrimonio", Biaggio D'Angelo, aged 27, shoemaker, son of the deceased Giuseppe had the "power of attorney" (Procuratore), and the document nr 4 is the related Notary act.