Favazza and LoPiccolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
texastammie

Favazza and LoPiccolo

Post by texastammie »

Hi! I am trying to find out how I can get information about my gg grandfathers family. His name was Libonio Favazza born 1852 and to the best of my knowledge and beliefe, he was born in Terrisini, Sicily. This information is solely word of mouth given to me by my now deseased grandfather. I do know that my g grandfather was born in Genoa, Italy but as far as I have been able to tell, no one ( that I have been in contact with anyway) has been able to go back passed Libonio. It\'s almost as though the Favazza\'s were created with Libonio?????? How do I find out who his parents were or even his siblings. I think that he came to the States before 1913. His wife, Bennedetta Lopiccolo-Favazza born 19 DEC 1874 may have came to the States 01 JUL 1913 on the San Giorgio along with two Favazza children of the same age that MY Favazza\'s had, however, it says on the manafest that she was 53. That info DOES NOT match the bithdate that I know to be correct so it could only mean that this is NOT the same Bennedetta or that the information on the manafest is incorrect. How do i find out? Any help with this sure would be appreciated! Thank you,
<BR> Tammie
ptimber
Master
Master

Favazza and LoPiccolo

Post by ptimber »

since there is only one Benedetta Lopiccolo and you are certain of her date of birth you must assume that the age 53 is in error and entry records can easily be distorted. By correcting the error for your own records you can move on until you reconfirm the age as insurance. Peter
texastammie

Favazza and LoPiccolo

Post by texastammie »

Thank you! Do you have any advice on what I should do next as far as the Favazza name? As I said before, I have no clue who Libonio Favazza\'s parents were or how to go about finding them. None of the living members of this family(that I am in contact with) seem to have any information passed him at all. Almost like he started the name or something. Alot of Favazza\'s are in the States now and I am in touch with alot of them. I did check the destiny mao and found that there are lots of Favazza\'s still in Terrisini, however, I don\'t know how to find addresses to write them and ask if there is a relation or not. Any suggestions?
<BR> Thanks again,
<BR> Tammie
ptimber
Master
Master

Favazza and LoPiccolo

Post by ptimber »

to review all Favazza in Terrisini go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the surname in the first line and Tersisini on the thrid line and click CERCA and all Favazza in the town will come up by name,address and telephone number. If you wish documents in Terrisini you can write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile there and send a form letter (www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp and postal code for Terrisini). send self addressed envelolpe with $5.00 and list all docuiments you want by name of person and date or year of birth. Peter