Death Giacomina Abiuso ???

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Death Giacomina Abiuso ???

Post by scraig32 »

I am looking for the death of Giacomina Abiuso who was married to a Giuseppe Bartolomeo. He died in 1835 so it is possible that she could have remarried. I am hoping that this is her but the husband is different. I can't make out what exactly it says after widow. Thank you, Suzanne

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Death Giacomina Abiuso ???

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

What I read is:

vedova in seconde nozze di Giuseppe surname?

So I would say yes, this was a second marriage for this woman. I've got this with a couple of mine as well but I still hesitate to add the details without brackets and question marks until I actually locate the second marriage. But that's just me. Sorry, I can't read Giuseppe's surname at the minute. I'll have a look at it again later and maybe it will be clearer then.

Giuseppe's surname is Mignogna. I've just read your other post and the same surname appears there and looks the same.

Angela :)
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Thank you Angela. I was hoping it said 2nd marriage. Do you think that the deceased says "Giacomina"?

I also am like you, i don't like to add anyone to my tree until I find that second marriage info. Thanks so much!!!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

scraig32 wrote:Thank you Angela. I was hoping it said 2nd marriage. Do you think that the deceased says "Giacomina"?

I also am like you, i don't like to add anyone to my tree until I find that second marriage info. Thanks so much!!!
No it doesn't look like Giacomina to me at all but that's not to say that it isn't. Have you looked at the index to compare. I'll have another look later. I've been working on some of my own translations today which are quite tricky to decipher because they are very faint so my eyes are tired. I'll have another look later - often when I have a break I can see things more clearly.

Just to add: I would say the name is Gelsomina.

scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Yippee Angela! You have helped a ton. I just looked through the marriages and sure enough I found a Marriage of a Giacomina Abiuso and a Giuseppe Mignogna- 2nd marriage. This is my girl. Her name must be incorrect in the above document I had you take a look at. But it helped so much!

Here is the marriage document. I am sure it says something about her 1st husband being Giuseppe Bartolomeo. I will go and look tomorrow for the allegati. And maybe put this document on in a separate post for further translation. It looks like a difficult one because of the handwriting and it is faint. Thank you soooooo much! Suzanne

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

scraig32 wrote:Yippee Angela! You have helped a ton. I just looked through the marriages and sure enough I found a Marriage of a Giacomina Abiuso and a Giuseppe Mignogna- 2nd marriage. This is my girl. Her name must be incorrect in the above document I had you take a look at. But it helped so much! Fantastic - good job!

Here is the marriage document. I am sure it says something about her 1st husband being Giuseppe Bartolomeo. I can't see his actual name mentioned there but read below. I will go and look tomorrow for the allegati. And maybe put this document on in a separate post for further translation. It looks like a difficult one because of the handwriting and it is faint. Thank you soooooo much! Suzanne You are soooooo welcome. I can sense your excitement and I am excited for you :D I've typed up a quick translation as I see it. See below.

So this is the act of promise to celebrate marriage. On the right hand side it says that the marriage took place on 5 November 1839. (Santa Maria – St Mary's Parish/Priest?)

Left hand side basically says:

No 50
Dated: 3 October 1839 10 p.m.
Groom: Giuseppe Mignogna, age 60, born Riccia, farmer, living here, son of deceased Pietro, farmer,
and son of deceased Rosaria Gasario??? (Both parents lived in Riccia when alive.)

Bride: Giacomina Abiuso, 60, born Riccia and living here, daughter of deceased Cipriano , farmer and deceased Donata Bozza.

And then at the bottom it basically is listing the Allegati which will be well worth you finding. This is what I read:

1. Act of birth of groom born 8 July 1775.
2. Act of birth of bride born 1 March 1777.
3. Act of Death of father of groom.
4. Act of Death of mother of groom.
5. Act of Death of paternal grandfather of groom
6. Act of Death of 1st wife of groom.
7. Act of Death of father of bride
8. Act of Death of mother of bride.
9. Act of Death of paternal grandfather of bride.
10. Act of death of 1st husband of bride. (This will contain info about Giuseppe.)
11. Marriage Banns (Act of Notificazione ….)
10. ? I can't read this at the minute.

(Obviously the ages of both bride and groom are incorrect if one was born in 1775 and the other 1777!)

Good luck with finding the Allegati. Hopefully it will provide a lot more info and take you back further.

Angela
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

oh this is fantastic Angela! I am going to spend my time today looking through the allegati. There are 500 and some in the year I need and I can't seem to find any order to it. But that's ok, bc once I find it, it is going to have a wealth of info in it. I really appreciate you translating this all for me!! Suzanne
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

scraig32 wrote:oh this is fantastic Angela! I am going to spend my time today looking through the allegati. There are 500 and some in the year I need and I can't seem to find any order to it. But that's ok, bc once I find it, it is going to have a wealth of info in it. I really appreciate you translating this all for me!! Suzanne
You are going to be VERY Busy :wink: Hopefully you will spot Allegati belonging to others in your history along the way. You go girl :)

Glad I could help.

scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Angela- I just wanted to tell yiu that I found that allegati and it did contain all of the info that you said it would. Wow! I just added 2 more generations to my tree!!! And they are my earliest branches yet! Thank you again! So do allegati only exist if there is a death of a first spouse? They don't have one for every marriage do they?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

scraig32 wrote:Angela- I just wanted to tell yiu that I found that allegati and it did contain all of the info that you said it would. Wow! I just added 2 more generations to my tree!!! And they are my earliest branches yet! Thank you again! That was quick! Fantastic, and you are very welcome. (I'm a great fan of Allegati.) So do allegati only exist if there is a death of a first spouse? No. They don't have one for every marriage do they?My understanding is that every couple was required to provide supplemental or supporting records and documents, which we call Processetti or Allegati, before they could get married. They are an absolute treasure chest for us!
You might like to have a read through the following thread on “processetti records”: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/30490

Angela
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Post by scraig32 »

Thanks Angela. I am going to read through that link you provided