Ceseri, Pirani, Ciacchi and Basevi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
luv1another

Ceseri, Pirani, Ciacchi and Basevi

Post by luv1another »

Hi all, I am hoping someone may know something about any or all of these names here is what I know so far but am stuck now as I do not know Italian and am terrible at trying to learn language.
my Grandparents were Angelo Cesery ( I believe he changed his surname after immigrating to USA from Ceseri) and Beatrice Pirani. I have a marriage certificate for them. They married in New York however Beatrice was born in Milan Italy and Angelo was born in Florence Italy. Angelos parents were Ubaldo Ceseri and Emily Ciacchi. Beatrice's parents were Vito Pirani and Helen Basevi they were married 19th October 1905.
I also found an ATTO DI MORTE (I have no idea what that even means) which I believe could be something to do with Beatrice as her name is on it next to a term Mori (I do not know what that means either). I am really hoping someone out there knows something of my family.
thanks for any help
the only Italian my dad taught me "benetti pesciolini in aqua dolce"
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Ceseri, Pirani, Ciacchi and Basevi

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hello, welcome to the forum.

“Atto Di Morte” translates to Act of Death or Death Act. It is basically a Death Record which has included in it the name of the deceased, date and place of death, occupation, usually marital status but not always. It may also include the names of the deceased's parents, current or former spouse if applicable.

You might like to post the Atto di Morte that you have located here and we can translate this for you.

Angela
luv1another

Post by luv1another »

Hi Angela, Thankyou
I am not sure how to save it from ancestry and my printer is not currently working to be able to print it...I have screen captured it in 4 parts as it was too small on Ancestry to copy it in one piece no one would be able to read it LOL. will have to add the last part in another message as it only allows three per message :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luv1another

Post by luv1another »

last part of the ATTO DI MORTE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

What I am reading is that this is a Death Extract from Durazno Uruguay which has been translated from Spanish. The deceased person is a Beatrice Perini who was born in Italy and I can't read where at the minute. I understand this Beatrice died in Durazno on 29 July 1899. She won't be your Beatrice in that case but may be related - or not.

I may have this completely wrong so maybe another set of eyes to verify would help.

You might find the following thread interesting. A Pirani family mentioned here are POSSIBLY from Florence not Milan. You may still find it interesting with reference to your Jewish heritage. This is something I myself am very interested in but know very little about, so can't help you with this. Hopefully someone else may be able to.

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... ni#p184966

BTW: Who's the man in the pic?

Angela
luv1another

Post by luv1another »

thankyou for your help :)
the pic is Angelo Cesery my Grandfather...unfortunately I never knew any of my grandparents they had passed on by the time I was born...my dad was about 20 years younger than his youngest brother.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

luv1another wrote:thankyou for your help :)
the pic is Angelo Cesery my Grandfather...unfortunately I never knew any of my grandparents they had passed on by the time I was born...my dad was about 20 years younger than his youngest brother.
You are welcome for the help. Lovely you have this pic of your grand father. :)

Unfortunately there are no records on line for Milan or Florence at Family Search which is the main site that I use for my records. Hopefully someone will come on line later who can help you at least trace your family back from New York to Italy and give you some suggestions of how you can access more records. Unfortunately I need to get on and finish a paper I'm writing.

Angela :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The deceased person is a Beatrice Pirani daughter of Paolo Pirani and Elizabetta Petrazzola??

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

adelfio wrote:The deceased person is a Beatrice Pirani daughter of Paolo Pirani and Elizabetta Petrazzola??

Marty
AngelaGrace56 wrote:What I am reading is that this is a Death Extract from Durazno Uruguay which has been translated from Spanish. The deceased person is a Beatrice Perini who was born in Italy and I can't read where at the minute. I understand this Beatrice died in Durazno on 29 July 1899. She won't be your Beatrice in that case but may be related - or not.

I may have this completely wrong so maybe another set of eyes to verify would help.

Angela
Just to add to what I have previously said and to what Marty (thank you :) ) has said here. This is what I read:

Both the parents of Beatrice were dead at the time of her death. She was married to Felice Marroni and they had three children Natale, Maria and ? Marroni. I think I also read that the paternal grandfather was Giacoma Perini. I am wondering whether the town of birth was Sardinia (miles away from Milan) but it doesn't exactly read like Sardinia.

Angela :)
luv1another

Post by luv1another »

thankyou both for your help...guess that one is another dead end for me...unless it was some relative since none of those children match her children's names and she was definitely born in Milan (according to the marriage certificate)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I really would like to help but I cannot seem to work the blow-ups of the death certificate issued by the Registro civil in Durazno which I can read if I can get to move it on my screen..If you will I am fluent in reading writing and speaking Spanish ...if I could only see!!!!!..Can you point out the line of the Durazno death certificate where you dead end?....

By the way what is the relevance of SONDRIO at the top left of the death certificate since which is a comune in Italy in Lombardia? Peter
~Peter~
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Peter

Click on the image, it will enlarge slightly.
Then right click again on the image and click on “copy”.
Then “paste” to your desktop, a file or whatever.
From there you will be able to zoom in and out.

You may not have read through the topic, I think that if you do you will understand why it has "maybe" become a dead end and also the reason why the town "Sondrio" appears at the top of the death extract. I'm a little rushed at the moment to explain this. Apologies.

Good luck.

Angela
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Not too worry...Any of these whizbang poof make me a pictgure gizmoes is byond my ken but I do speak 2 languages and NYESE If you need info for relatives in Uruguay let me know. Peter
~Peter~
luv1another

Post by luv1another »

thanks Peter... basicly I have no idea of my great grandparents...I thought this certificate may have been my grandmothers death and reveal more about great grandparents but it turns out it is not. the husband and location are both wrong.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

.........Back to the drawing board!! Peter
~Peter~