di Avino, Angelo Michele Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

di Avino, Angelo Michele Birth

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Numero 104 for a translation. I think there may be a marriage record on there also.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348570602
Grazie,

Dolores
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: di Avino, Angelo Michele Birth

Post by liviomoreno »

Angelo Michele di Avino was born in Frigento on 1 August 1878 to Sigismondo aged 27 farmer and to his legitimate wife Teresa di Leo.

The overlapping document is the notification of the marriage occurred on Sep 11 1920.
Groom: Angelo Michele D'Avino born 2 Aug 1878, son of the deceased Sigismondo and the deceased Teresa Di Leo
Bride: Rosa Diana (sp?) Famiglietti born in Frigento 1 Sep 1892, daughter of Fraancesco Saverio and of Maria Emmanuela Famiglietti
(The notification was issued in order to have a side annotation on Angelo's birth record.
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Livio. Do you think that Angelo Michele was born on the first or the second of August?
Grazie,

Dolores
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

According to the birth record he was born on the first of August. The date on the marriage notification is wrong!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Livio!
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

liviomoreno wrote:Angelo Michele di Avino was born in Frigento on 1 August 1878 to Sigismondo aged 27 farmer and to his legitimate wife Teresa di Leo.

The overlapping document is the notification of the marriage occurred on Sep 11 1920.
Groom: Angelo Michele D'Avino born 2 Aug 1878, son of the deceased Sigismondo and the deceased Teresa Di Leo
Bride: Rosa Diana (sp?) Famiglietti born in Frigento 1 Sep 1892, daughter of Fraancesco Saverio and of Maria Emmanuela Famiglietti
(The notification was issued in order to have a side annotation on Angelo's birth record.
The bride's name was Rosa Maria Famiglietti.

Angela :)
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thanks, Angela. I tried to pick it apart and came up with Maria also.....:)
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thanks, Angela. I tried to pick it apart and came up with Maria also.....:)
Spot on then :) I can see how the start could look like a "D" in this case though.

Do you by any chance have her birth certificate already? I was wondering about her father being Francesco "Saverio". It probably is Saverio, but the "o" at the end looks more like an "s". Just wondering.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Birth Record - Rosa Maria Famiglietti

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Birth #89: Rosa Maria Famiglietti
Dated: 1 September 1892, 9.15 am, Frigento
Appearing was Francesco Saverio Famiglietti, 24, contadino, living in Frigento, to declare that at 2.30 a.m. on 31 August at Contrada Cesine, #32, his wife Maria Emmanuela Famiglietti, contadina, with whom he lived gave birth to a female baby given the name Rosa Maria.

Witnesses:
Pietro Ciampi, 50, landowner - possidente
Carmine Pelosi, 43, landowner - possidente

Side note: On 11 September 1920 married Angelo Michele D'Avino.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,348570602

So Francesco Saverio it is. They have Rosa's birth date wrong on the marriage notification. They obviously looked at the date of the record.

Angela
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Angela! I did not have Rosa Maria's birth record and I appreciate it very much, and also for all of your help! :D
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thank you, Angela! I did not have Rosa Maria's birth record and I appreciate it very much, and also for all of your help! :D
Hi Dolores

I was happy I could help with this.
(I always like to check all the details as I am sure you do too :) )

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Angela :D
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Yes, I do too. Sometimes it is those very little things that make the puzzle complete. :D
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This is true, and it is fantastic when this happens. It doesn't always though. I am currently writing up an ancestor's story and I already knew about him from my parents and from various documentation I have been fortunate to have/locate. Like always, a lot of the documentation (it is actually in English so that is a plus) has error, so I've been trying to sort it all out. Anyways, I thought that I'd got it sorted and then yesterday, quite by chance (I would say an absolute God-send) while I was looking through two files belonging to someone with exactly the same name (a cousin) I found my ancestors papers there as well. It was quite bizaare. (I can't believe that such an error could be made, certainly the names were the same, but the birthdates and addresses etc were different.) It was a fantastic find but of course now I will have to go through and recheck, add additional info which I had no knowledge of previously, and make a few changes. I have a feeling this man's story is going to go on for a while ….... Meanwhile, I think I'll go for a walk and recharge.

dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

I can relate, Angela, as I am sure many readers on this site, can. Sometimes, it IS one step forward and a few back........... :wink:
Dolores
Grazie,

Dolores
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Indeed it is!