Farini D'Olmo Marriage Record - Need Help Reading Names

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
kcasazza

Farini D'Olmo Marriage Record - Need Help Reading Names

Post by kcasazza »

I have attached a state marriage record for Antonio Grassi & Rosa Mazzocchi in Farini D'olmo, Piacenza, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. Today was my first time using the microfilm scanner and I didn't get this at the highest resolution possible unfortunately. Eventually I plan on getting a rescan of this document but for now I still want to move in the best direction possible with these names.

My main interest is in determining the parents' names and locations. For the groom I'm getting a father named Carlo (Grassi) and a mother named Catterina S... For their locations I can make out Farini D'olmo but not the word before it.

For the bride I get a father named Antonio (Mazzocchi) and a mother named Catterina Scagnelli. I can't make out their residence at all.

I may completely wrong with those, and I would appreciate any help in a more accurate reading.

One last question. After the typed/form letter portion ends would there be anything important in the block of script at the bottom or is that purely wedding legalese? I appreciate any help!
Attachments
This is the marriage record I need help looking over.
This is the marriage record I need help looking over.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Farini D'Olmo Marriage Record - Need Help Reading Names

Post by PippoM »

Groom: Antonio Grassi, 25 yo, peasant, born and living in Farini d'Olmo, son of Carlo and Catterina Segalini, both deceased and residing in Farini d'Olmo when alive ("residente in vita a").
Bride: Rosa Mazzocchi, 19 yo, peasant, born and living in Farini d'Olmo, daughter of Antonio and Catterina Scagnelli, both residing in Farini d'Olmo ("questo Comune" = "this Commune").
The bottom part lists the names of witnesses; then there's a staement about the publication of banns, and finally states that bride's parents gave their consent to the marriage.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
kcasazza

Post by kcasazza »

I am so sorry for not responding sooner - but thank you so much for your help! Those surnames were hard to read but they're definitely found in the Farini region. Now I can continue my research. Thanks again!
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

:D
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.