Marone family in Mantova (Mantua) or Bozzolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ulfemsoy

Marone family in Mantova (Mantua) or Bozzolo

Post by ulfemsoy »

According to my grandparents, Giuseppe Joachim Bertel Hieronymus Marone (born September 10th 1757) and Domenico Marone moved from Mantua to Norway in the 1780s. The story says that the Marone brothers were officers in the army, and were sons of a duke with the surname Marone. I have attached a photo of the Marone family crest which they brought with them. Based on the family crest it seems like the family originally came from Bozzolo.

Could you please help me to find out more about my ancestors, or guide me in the right direction to sources where I can find such information?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Marone family in Mantova (Mantua) or Bozzolo

Post by PeterTimber »

The longboard source for the marone surname is ADIMARI and there is no reference to my indices nor heraldic dictionaries or reference books for the name or the family as Marone but there is much about its roots to uncover. See what you can find under Marone in the websites of family heraldic names sites. I sent you something more elaborate but somehow it disappeared while transferring this to this site.. Apologies. I will have to get back to you later. Peter
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
What parish did they use in Mantova?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sorry that I could not continue previously this AM. The Adimari surname has evolved evn today in the NE part of Italy as ALIMAR,AMERI and even MARI. and even as variants Ademaro or Adimar which were imported into Italy by The Longobards, flushed by the French in the 8th and 9th century as documented in Tosacana in 865AD. The name with these changes convey Nobility.

In the interim you might want to send an e-mail to pecorini@aol.it (they are antiquarian book dealers for Lombardia in Milano) and request any titled books for The basic surname I furnished you ADIMARI, Ademari and the latinized Adimarius of Longobard origin. I will review my indices for the original Adimar spelling of your surname and their variations.

There are twoauthors who may have included your familyin their books. One is Campana, Cesare who wrote the book "Arbori Delle Famiglie Le Quali Hanno Signoreggiato in Mantova; Mantova-1590 and Donesmondi, Ippolito who wrote Dell'Istoria ecclesiastica di Mantova; Mantova-1612 Peter
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Further there are numerous references to the Adimari family in Mantova which I think you should review step by step at http://www.google.com under the title: MANTUA ITALY and ADIMARI FAMILY.

Do the same but substitute Mantua for Bozzolo and then substitute the Adimari family until you have finished that review and substitute the name with Marone for a re view under that name. If you need additional or further information please let me know. Peter
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you wish to obtain family documents such as Birth ( Estratto di nascita), marriage or death certificates or Family composition documents (Stato di Famiglia) which are normally free of charge then send an email with the form letter in Italian obtained from www.circolocalabrese.org (select genealogy) for form letter and send by e-mail to Anagrafe@comune.Mantova.gov.it Should you need Bozzolo please let me know. Peter
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Find your family heraldic shield at http://www.stemmario.it and put in MARONE and also different shield for ADIMARI. Peter
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

A Stato di famiglia is NOT free of charge. It may cost 5€ for each member of the family that is included...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The Bozzolo heraldic shield for the Comune is also that of the Marone family. Peter
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There are early records of Mantova, by parishes

PG LINK TO RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... Fwaypoints

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

They are an old family Marty who were already famous longboard family in 865AD and mentioned in Toscana as ADAMAR and ADEMARI and latinized into ADIMARIUS AND ADEMARIUS OR ADEMARUS Peter
~Peter~
ulfemsoy

Post by ulfemsoy »

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help and all of your suggestions.

Unfortunately I don't know the perish which they were born. I sent a e-mail to the local genealogy group in Mantova (Mantua), but they can not find any traces of the Marone family in the military registers. Maybe I have received the wrong information from my relatives. I will check with them again.

Marone is supposed to mean "chestnut" in Italian/German/Latin, and the tree in the family crest should be the same type. After some Googling I found out that the tree in the city crest of Bozollo is a Box-tree, so unfortunately there is no link. The only trace of a "Marone family" I can find on internet is in an old book from Milan in the year 1550. Unfortunately the coat of arms is not the same.

I will keep on digging...

Br,
Ulf
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

May I suggest you get the book ITALIAN GENEALOGY RECORDS by Trafford R. Cole ewhich is an easy read and will familiarize you with records that you are bypassing despite the suggestions being offered to you. I suspect its because you may not be familiar with Italian genealogy. Your request for military documents has to bear a full name, a town of origin and the subjects approximate age or year of birth. The document you might be seeking is REGISTRO DI LEVA (conscription records), Italy became a nation in the 1870's. The parish records may not contain military records. I already gave you the title of a book about noble families in Mantova. Do you read Italian? Peter
~Peter~
kaya67

Post by kaya67 »

My grandfather was from Bisceglie, and his last name was Papagni. If that can help with your searching, let me know.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You can send an e-mail to as-ba@archivio di stato to the attention of Dott.ssa E. Vantaggiato requesting the Registro di leva for the person you wish by first and last name and dob or year or even an approximate year of birth within 5+/- years. Please keep the English sentences simple, short and to the point to maximize understanding.....Peter
~Peter~