Maria Scognamiglio

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Maria Scognamiglio

Post by marymary52 »

http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5nZXIiOw==

Looking for information I am having a hard time reading the into. looking for information on Maria scognamiglio, Di Martino,and Artia? not sure of the first names or where and who they are going to see.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Maria Scognamiglio

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I make it that they are all going to Brooklyn.

Maria Scognamiglio, 22 is visiting her brother Luigi.

Maria Vincenza Aitza???, age 26 is visiting her husband Francesco De Martino who paid for the trip.

The children:
Giuseppe De Martino, age 3
Gaetano De Martino, age 2, it says visiting "family".

If you give the image a moment it settles and doesn't jump around so much and then you can just "line up" the line you are reading with either the bottom or the top of the frame and it makes it easier to read.

Angela
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

I am not sure if they are all related or not. Maria married a john Artri and luigi married a Anna Lovine? and there was a Raffaela di Martino somewhere I can't figure it out right now. My post is 4560 with the names. I am trying to find more family by looking at ALL the passenger list when i look up one. I view the whole list not just the name I am looking for.
If you can read my post 4560 see if you think i am in the right direction? Thanks
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

I think they are all related , I just don't know right now, but, with help, I will put everything to together.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Margaret, I'm not sure what you mean when you say your post 4560 (maybe you could find this and post the actual link to it); but I've found the following thread, which mentions Raffaela di Martino, which I have read through. Marty has found you some amazing records on that thread taking you back to late 1700s.

If Luigi Scognamiglio and Marianna (Annina) Iovine were your grandparents, then Raffaela di Martino was your great great grandmother. I've taken notes and will type up a pedigree chart for you later if you haven't already done this. I need to go out now so will do this later today and either post here or send via pm.

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... 31#p217431

Angela
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

What I was saying was. I thought on the manifest page of Maria Scognamiglio/Scognamillo there appears to be more family member with Maria. I wanted someone else to look at it and see if this could BE true. First names are different but DI Martino and ARTRI ARE THE SAME. I would love to have a chart. Thank you
THIS IS MINE FROM ANCESTRY.COM

& Maria Rosati
Replies: 32
Re: Luigi Scognamiglio & Maria Rosati
lauranico (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2012 2:49AM
Classification: Census
Edited: 10 Jan 2012 5:03AM
Surnames: Rosato
From this site this is the 1910 census for Luigi's mother Rosati/o Anna Maria:

1910 United States Federal Census

Name: Mary Rosato
Age in 1910: 55
Birth Year: 1855
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1910: Brooklyn Ward 6, Kings, New York
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1903
Relation to Head of House: Mother-in-Law
Marital Status: Widowed
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
John Artri 38
Saletta Artri 33
Annie Artri 10
Maria Artri 8
Philipine Artri 7
Rose Artri 6
Mary Rosato 55
View
Original
Record

link:
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

as you can see she was living with her daughter's Maria Saletta Scognamillo's family on 27 President Street - Brooklyn...
Maria Saletta was married with John Atri?
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

What I was saying was. I thought on the manifest page of Maria Scognamiglio/Scognamillo there appears to be more family member with Maria. I wanted someone else to look at it and see if this could BE true. First names are different but DI Martino and ARTRI ARE THE SAME. I would love to have a chart. Thank you
THIS IS MINE FROM ANCESTRY.COM

& Maria Rosati
Replies: 32
Re: Luigi Scognamiglio & Maria Rosati
lauranico (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2012 2:49AM
Classification: Census
Edited: 10 Jan 2012 5:03AM
Surnames: Rosato
From this site this is the 1910 census for Luigi's mother Rosati/o Anna Maria:

1910 United States Federal Census

Name: Mary Rosato
Age in 1910: 55
Birth Year: 1855
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1910: Brooklyn Ward 6, Kings, New York
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1903
Relation to Head of House: Mother-in-Law
Marital Status: Widowed
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
John Artri 38
Saletta Artri 33
Annie Artri 10
Maria Artri 8
Philipine Artri 7
Rose Artri 6
Mary Rosato 55
View
Original
Record

link:
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

as you can see she was living with her daughter's Maria Saletta Scognamillo's family on 27 President Street - Brooklyn...
Maria Saletta was married with John Atri?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Margaret, I've typed up the chart but unfortunately I can't post it because the document is too large. If I have more time tomorrow, I'll try again, and see if I can reduce the document.

Re: your question about whether the people travelling with Maria Scognamiglio are family, maybe someone else would be better to help you with this.

Angela
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

ok, Thank you very much
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

If you sent it to my email would you have a better chance sending it? Lscognamiglio@aol.com
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are welcome Margaret. I'll give it a shot. I'll copy and paste the email address that you have given me here. Here's hoping :) Flick an email back to me letting me know if you receive it.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Margaret, I think you should remove your email address from here asap.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Margaret, I've located the marriage record for Francesco Di Martino and Maria Vincenza Aitra which may help you to establish whether or not Maria Aitra fits into your family history. Her parents were Gaetano Aitra and Angiola Sansone.

It's possible you may have to do further research on this. You've got some really great records for Castellammare on Family Search which not only have the years broken up but they also have some separate indices. I would recommend you start looking through some of these: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... Fwaypoints

Marriage Record No 155 Image 156: Francesco Paolo Di Martino and Maria Vincenza Aitra:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 8:50361301

28 October 1893, 10.58 am, Castellammare
Francesco Paolo Di Martino, single, age 23, Sailor, born and living Castellammare, son of unknown father and unknown mother.

Maria Vincenza Aitra, single, 22, Casalinga, born and residing in Castellammare, daughter of Gaetano Aitra, and Angiola Sansone, both living in Castellammare.

Did you receive the chart?

Angela :)
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

[quote="marymary52"]If you sent it to my email would you have a better chance sending it?
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

yes