23andme D'Alessandro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nickdalessandro

23andme D'Alessandro

Post by nickdalessandro »

Hi All,
Of course I am highly interested in meeting relatives with the last name of D'Alessandro.
I've had my DNA tested with 23andme which has proven to be effective in identifying relatives of different names as well. I'm hoping that some of you with the D'Alessandro name can also join me in connecting via DNA to positively match family connections.

I think that connecting through DNA removes all doubt as to relations considering name alone does not prove anything.

My D'Alessandro family originates in Filletto, Chieti, Abrizzo, Italy with my Grandparents on my father's side and Naples area on my mother's side of the Citrone name.

Thanks All,
Nick D
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: 23andme D'Alessandro

Post by Anizio »

D'Alessandro is a very common name with 4,500 people in Italy alone sharing it - meaning it is probably a name that developed independently in several areas.

That being said, my second cousin twice removed is a D'Alessandro in Rome, although his D'Alessandro line traces back to Anversa degli Abruzzi, about an hour and 15 minutes from Filletto. I will PM you a way of contacting him. An hour and a half is actually pretty close, so you could share DNA.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information