Please help me!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ashelyk

Please help me!

Post by ashelyk »

Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards here. I've been trying to piece together my family tree using ancestry.com and pay to use their resources but its been nearly two years and I've hit a wall. I've gotten as far as my 4th great grandparents but there is lots bits missing in between.

Currently I am stuck trying to find any information about my 3rd great grandparents on my mothers side. Their names are Angelo Restiano and Lucia Darino. I found that they were born in the city Potenza in the Basilicata region of Italy. Lucia was born June, 4th 1858 and Angelo in April of 1854. That's all the information I have as well as their date of death.

I would appreciate the help! Thank you! :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Please help me!

Post by PeterTimber »

Perhaps you mean RESTAINO spelling rather than Restiano. Please clairify. Peter
~Peter~
ashelyk

Post by ashelyk »

No, it's is Restiano for sure.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You do not say whether you have already written to the Stato Civile (Vital Records Office) in Potenza and are already acquainted with the e-mail address. You might find the form letters in the http://www.circolocalabrese.org website (click genealogy) of assistance in your request. Peter
~Peter~
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

ancestry.com is expensive, and if you are looking for Italian records you are better offer with ancestry.it - it is cheaper and will give you access to the Italian records they have there.

I just spent the last 5 hours tracing a branch of my family from 1880 Rome to 1790 Como, and I wouldn't have been able to do it (or afford it) on ancestry.com
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Found on familysearch.org free
Birth record of Vincenzo Restiano (is this their child)
INDEX#41
1880 April 18th in the town of Rapolla,Potenza in a house on via Piazza #60 birth of Vincenzo Restiano son of Angelo Restiano and Lucia RADINO
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,56412801

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (499).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#33
1877 Aug 15th in the town of Rapolla,Potenza marriage of Angelo Raffaele Restiano age 26(abt 1851) barber born in Rapolla,Potenza son of deceased Vincenzo Restiano and Carolina Antebello married to Lucia Radino age 29(abt 1846) born in Rapolla,Potenza daughter of Donato Radino and deceased Maria Giuseppa Prillo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,55529701

record-image (500).jpg

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Biase Restiano
INDEX#20
1883 Feb 3rd in the town of Rapolla,Potenza in a house on via Piazza #13 birth of Biase Restiano son of Angelo Restiano age 31 barber and Lucia Radino
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,55893801
record-image (501).jpg
I believe this is your family with Lucia name being Radino
here is the shipmanifest comming with Vincenzo and BIase Restiano lines 142-144
Name: Lucio(LUCIA) Radino
Event Type: Immigration
Event Date: 31 Jul 1890
Event Place: New York, New York, New York, United States
Birthplace: Italy
Ship Name: Elysia
Birth Year (Estimated): 1847
Departure Port: Naples
Literacy: Unknown
NYM237_552-0329.jpg
Marty

Marty
ashelyk

Post by ashelyk »

Adelfio thank you so much! I believe Biase Restiano is my 2nd great grandfather Biagio, but I'll look into it further.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Glad to help

Marty

Marty