Cossuto Surname research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maninmotion

Cossuto Surname research

Post by maninmotion »

I'm searching for information about Cossuto's. I've found much here in the USA but am stuck when it gets to Italy. Need someone on the ground there to help.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Cossuto Surname research

Post by PippoM »

According to Ellis Island site, most of the Cossuto's who went to the USA were from Minturno.
If so, I could try to help you. You can contact me by PM, or at my email address:
pippomoccaldi at alice dot it
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website How about so names and dates and where they settled in the US?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

For starters you may wish to peripherally read about Minturno at http://www.italianside.com/lazio/latina ... /genelaogy and just type in Minturno. Also enclosed is a biography of a Nicola-Cossuto at http://www.ancientfaces.com/person/nico ... /165365162 Any of us here can assist you further. Peter
~Peter~
maninmotion

Post by maninmotion »

I have traced almost every Cossuto that came into USA in the early part of the century. My quest stops at Italy. I have Birthdays and possible towns. My biggest question is who my Great Grandfather X2 is. What he did up until he came to US and who his siblings are. With Sibling information I could tie every Cossuto together on this side.

Tomasso Cossuto was born on 3/25/1860 in Caserta, Italy. He married Filomena Saltarelli sometime in 1897. He came to the US on 5/10/1908.

He had seven children all in Italy.

Vittoria - 5/13/1886
Giuseppe - 9/10/1887 - My Great Grandfather
Antoinette - 1/18/1889
Maria Grazia - 1891
Giovanna - 2/12/1894
Salvatore - 7/16/1895
Filippo - 12/16/1897

Additionally I found a document with his name and possible murder charge. Interested in finding out more about this. I've attached a link to it. Look at page 30.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9006,d.aWw
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Postscript: http://www.ancientfaces.com/surname/cos ... ory/313311

I do not have access to this genealogy & History page at this website,however, perhaps your permitted access while I am not. Sorry. Peter
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Your family comes from Minturno is a city and comune in the southern Lazio which used to be in Caserta Province try this for information Email first if no response in 30 days try the regular mail

email:anagrafe.minturno@legalmail.it
Responsabile:Carlo Frasca

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Minturno
Via Principe di Piemonte n.9
04026 Minturno (LT)
Italia
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Vittoria Cossuto 13/05/1886 Giuseppe Cossuto 10/09/1887 Antoinette Cossuto 18/01/1889

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Minturno . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita.
Nome e cognome del padre: Tomasso Cossuto
Nome e cognome della madre: Filomena Saltarelli
Luogo di nascita: Minturno
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty