looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sprekopa

looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Post by sprekopa »

My great grandfather was Barone (noble title) Mariano Vitale from Maida, province of Catanzaro, Italy. I am looking for information regarding the family history. Also, if there are any family members reading this, Please contact me. Thank you.

Stella
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Post by Italysearcher »

Civil records for Maida are on line for 1809-1861 at familysearch.org
The Italian government have put some death records on line at their antenati site. Anything else you will have to write to the town itself.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: looking for vitale family originating from Maida Italy

Post by TerraLavoro »

sprekopa wrote:My great grandfather was Barone (noble title) Mariano Vitale from Maida, province of Catanzaro, Italy.
For a very evocative look at life in Maida, you may want to read Gay Talese's "Unto the Sons". Maida is one of the ancestral comunes of the Talese family.

The book describes in extensively researched detail many aspects of daily life in Maida, including the holiday tradition of the noble families opening up their palazzi and welcoming the townspeople for Christmas celebrations.
TerraLavoro